Support for supporters

A place for partners, family and friends to share experiences and information.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kquinn
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Support for supporters

Postby Kquinn » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:52 am

Thanks so much for the responses!

I completely understand and wouldn't want to put anyone in a situation in which they felt uncomfortable.

Unfortunately, due to the nature of the project, I'm not able to disclose this information. I completely understand the situation though and am happy to remove the questions if you think this is the best course of action.

I have the best intentions but I also don't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable or impose on this wonderful community.

Happy to delete the question. Just let me know the best way to handle this situation.

Thanks again for your honest, I really do appreciate it.

And again, I'm sorry if I've overstepped at any point.

I hope you all have an amazing long weekend!

Best wishes,
Keely

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:35 am

Hi Keely,
I appreciate your endeavours, but such a request without more information such as who is conducting the research, from what institution. Also exactly what is hoped to be achieved and how needs to be included.
Janette

jayem
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jayem » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:10 pm

Hi Keely

I think it would be appropriate if you gave more information about yourself. Basically who is the "we" who is doing the research?

Sorry to be so blunt but you would understand that people undergoing cancer treatments, and their carers, can be quite vulnerable, so I think it is important that anyone who answers your questions knows where their responses are going and how they will be used.

Thanks
Jan

Dx 20 Sept 2006, 2 cm IDC + DCIS, 1/16+ node, ER+, PR+, HER2-, 4 AC, 4 Taxol, 33 rads
CFEM Trial 5 years Arimidex, 5 year SOLE trial Femara
Dx Aug 2016 neuroendocrine cancer in pancreas, mets to liver, abdominal nodes, hip, skull, scalp and breast.

Kquinn

Support for supporters

Postby Kquinn » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:19 pm

Hi everyone,

I hope it's okay that I'm posting here. I'm working on a project that aims to support the supporters of those who have or are currently dealing with any degree of breast cancer.

We want to find ways to give something back to the partners, family, friends and carers of those dealing with this illness. One of the partner's in this project has experienced being a supporter but it was some time ago that her mother had breast cancer. She was lucky enough to beat it but our information is a little outdated so we thought we'd reach out to this wonderful community. Specifically, we have some questions around waiting for treatments, appointments and meetings with your loved one or patient. If anyone would be so kind as to answer any of the below questions, it would be a great help.

What is your experience with waiting room environments? Be it a major hospital, community medical centre, breast cancer-specific centres, we want to get an idea of what's available to you in these places.

How often do you usually wait? Is the majority of your waiting time, spent alone or with the person being treated?

If you are alone, e.g. the person you're supporting is having a treatment which you can't accompany them to, how long would you be alone for before they come back from their treatment?

We appreciate any additional information you can give us. This project is our way of giving back to all the incredible people that support their loved ones through such a difficult time. If we can even give back an ounce of the compassion and love that you invest in your friends, partners, family and patients, we'd love to be able to do so.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. And again, if this isn't the right place to be asking any of this information, please let me know. We respect the community and the support you're offering to so many people.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks so much,
Keely

Return to “Partners, family, friends”