Reconstruction including Nipples

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:40 pm

Janette

My PS said not to be alarmed when it was first done as it had to be really large to allow for that shrinkage. She took the skin from the end of my caesarean scar and you can't even see where it came from.
I had the tattoo done as well.

Nav I know what you mean about no feeling in the breast...strange at first.

jezza

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:57 pm

Janette, As my nipples are my own but I have no control over what they are feeling ??? I seem to look down after a
shower and its like, Oh so they are cold and I wouldn't have a clue, I found some really good T-Shirt bras that don't
have underwires and have about 3mm padding, that has helped with the "headlight" problem. They seem to decide to be cold at the most stupid times.

While thinking about that, I was in the pool with a girlfriend and our kids recently and my oldest had a water pistol,
I was chatting to her and heard him giggling his little heart out. It took me a while to have a look at what was happening
and he was shooting his pistol right on my boob (apparently for ages) all the kids started to giggle but I had absol' no idea and couldn't feel a thing.

Nav

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:42 pm

Hi Jezza, the nipples in the photo at the PS were just done so you couldn't really get much of an idea what they would look like long term. The surgical ones looked OK. The tattoos only didn't look too flash though. I thought they would have been a little more 3d looking.

I'm gonna bite the bullet I think and line up for the surgery.. I have heard that they can flatten.
Janette

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:51 pm

Janette

The photo you saw at your ps of the reconstructed nipples.....how long ago were they done?

I had one nipple reconstructed and it was quite prominent at first. Is shrank a lot.
Maybe even a little too much.

I kept my nipple on the propylactic mastectomy side.

jezza

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:35 am

Thanks YowYow and GG,
My surgeon wouldn't do a nipple and skin saving mast either.

I believe the surgery is day surgery and a skin graft and can die as you say GG. Not sure that I want "headlights that are always on" and have thought about tattoos only. I saw a photo at the PS and didn't think it looked very good.

Thank you for your replies.
Janette

gallopinggranny
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Re: Reconstruction including Nipples

Postby gallopinggranny » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:20 pm

jetj wrote:Has anyone done reconstruction including nipples?

Just after some info about Nipple reconstruction. I know what the options are but just wondering if anyone has been down that path and has some advice.
Janette

Hi Jetj, i am about to have a breast reduction so that i don't look like a penny-farthing bicycle anymore. when talking to some friends recently about this one mentioned she had had a reconstruction by the same plastic surgeon who is operating on me. i had some reservations about the procedure being day surgery and she reassured me that her op was done as day surgery also and that she is fine. no problems i believe unless of course you are unlucky enough to get an infection. the surgeon did explain to me that my nipple may 'die' and that a new one will have to be made but that is not commonplace. i too am going into this, uncertain of the outcome but have been reassured by my GP that if i encounter any problems when i get home that i should present myself at our local hospital and call him. perhaps a quick talk to your GP might ally some of your fears. good luck.
GG :wink:
Onward and Upward
GG.

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:12 pm

Sorry Janette, can't help with this, had skin and nipple sparing mast' which have heard is
not in many surgeons good books!

Janette
Forum Legend

Reconstruction including Nipples

Postby Janette » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:46 pm

Has anyone done reconstruction including nipples?

Just after some info about Nipple reconstruction. I know what the options are but just wondering if anyone has been down that path and has some advice.
Janette

Return to “Reconstruction”