Nipple reconstruction

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Janette
Forum Legend

Re: Nipple reconstruction

Postby Janette » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:38 pm

Ive had nipple recon and no problems with mine. Compared with other surgeries it was easy. Surely it wouldnt take much to fix. Try not to be too downhearted. :hugs:
Janette

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Re: Nipple reconstruction

Postby schoolteacher » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:44 am

Hello
I had so many complications with my Tram Flap reconstructions: skin grafts, breast reduction on other side to even up, over 6 months, that I decided not to bother with the nipple reconstruction. I only notice it when naked.

Nicochick
Wise one
Wise one
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Nipple reconstruction

Postby Nicochick » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:02 am

Had a bad day today guys, went in for my post op appointment following nipple reconstruction and I don’t think one of them isnt looking too good. I think the blood supply isn’t there. I can’t help but feel deflated, I felt like it was all almost over and could see the end in sight. Now everytime I think about it I just get sad. :crybaby:
Does anyone have any experience with these not going so well? What happened following the failed reconstruction?
I go in again next week for another check up.
26 y o BRCA1 mutation, bilateral prophylactic mastectomy, expanders and silicon implants.

Return to “Reconstruction”