New implants-couple of questions

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Re: New implants-couple of questions

Postby chrismelb » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:07 pm

Just reread this. I have silicone implant not saline. Also it is a B and stayed that way whether i am anorexic like or fat like!
Dx 9/03 EBC
5/12 ABC bones-Herceptin,Tamox&Zometa
8/12 Liver mets-Abraxane,Herceptin&Zometa
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva
1/15 Rads to tumour in head
2/16 Whole brain rads lepto. mets, continue TDM1
8/16. Navelbine, Herceptin
1/17 Neratanib Xeloda & Herceptin.

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby chrismelb » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:05 pm

jezza and Janette, love u both, i knew this was your topic!!! I'll come in at 13 years and i can't remember! 'It' is just there and will never feel like a real boob. I have one of each! Good luck xo
Dx 9/03 EBC
5/12 ABC bones-Herceptin,Tamox&Zometa
8/12 Liver mets-Abraxane,Herceptin&Zometa
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva
1/15 Rads to tumour in head
2/16 Whole brain rads lepto. mets, continue TDM1
8/16. Navelbine, Herceptin
1/17 Neratanib Xeloda & Herceptin.

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:47 pm

Massage is easy if you position pillows so there is no pressure on the implants. I'm not sure if you could damage them but I prefer not to put pressure on them. Mine did move years ago and were repositioned. I ruptured one the year before last and had them replaced but they were nearly 10 years old. I doubt this is very common in both cases. My expanders were in my armpits and opened the cavity so the implants just moved.

There are good things about implants, no need for a bra. The surgery is no big deal compared with some tissue surgery. Just don't try to fit under a car as they don't subside like real breasts. :pmsl:
Janette

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby jezza » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:59 pm

Just read Ruth's reply....posting at the same time!

Hadn't heard about the cushion rings....they sound like a good idea.

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:57 pm

Hi Brabarb and welcome to the forum.

I have saline implants so can't really comment on silicone but I'm sure others will.

I have had my implants for 25 years now and really don't think about them all that much. Certainly sleeping on my side was never a problem. I think at first you are just so very aware of them and frighten you will damage them! As for laying on your stomach I think that is a sensible question to ask your plastic surgeon. I think you do have to be careful for quite a while....not so much because of the worry of rupture but implants take a while to settle and I have heard of them being displaced in rare cases.

I would be interested to hear what your plastic surgeon says...let us know.

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:48 pm

yes to all Barb - you will still have swelling that takes a few months to subside - it takes a bit of time. Yes I sleep on my side and I can roll onto my stomach. If you wanted a massage take the cushion rings from hospital and use them to make it a bit more comfortable.
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

Brabarb
Wise one
Wise one

New implants-couple of questions

Postby Brabarb » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:25 pm

Hi, I have had my gel implants in about 8 weeks and was wondering do they soften up at all, or are they are, the way they will always be. Hope that makes sense! I am also wondering whether I will be able to sleep on my side again at some point. I can kind of, at the moment, but there is still some discomfort. Also, at some point I would like to have a massage, will I be able to lay on my stomach? Thanks from a newbie!

Return to “Reconstruction”