New Implants

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Janette
Forum Legend

Re: New Implants

Postby Janette » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:17 am

Thanks Ladies,
On a scale of 1 to 10 in comparison with what most of you have been through, I give this less than one.

I got a box of chocolates from one patient, a get well soon teddy bear from another. The Drs, nurses and staff were great and the food was pretty good so I can't complain. I even had a visit from a little dog on my bed. (Therapy Dog) :hugs:
Janette

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby The new girl » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:00 pm

:wave: sorry to hear every thing you have been through Janette,hope you are on the mend now....rosa

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby JudyB » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:55 pm

Oh my how did I miss this? I am so sorry Janette. I hope you are feeling much better now and it's all smooth sailing from now on. The things we have to do!
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:19 pm

Thanks Jezza,
I had no pain at all thankfully. The infection seems gone but PS thinks the left is still swollen and wants to see me again. Left looks bigger than right as before but I think the mastectomies are at fault there and were done differently although in the same surgery.

They feel more comfortable than the old ones but they were encapsulated. Not sure if the capsules had contracted. These are a size down to give more room for them and not stretch the muscles so much. That was my choice.

The surgery was easy though. :hugs:
Janette

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:40 pm

Gosh....what a horrible time you've had. They always say that implant exchange is so simple but so many seem to have problems these days. Sounds very painful too. Hope you had some nice people to look after your doggies....but I'm sure you would have with all the volunteer stuff you do yourself.

Yes, lets hope thats the end of it. Do you notice much difference to your other ones or do you still have some swelling and can't tell.

So sorry that you had all those complications!

hugs

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:30 pm

Janette,

hope you are ok - that's a big ordeal to go through. Similar happened to me with neutropenia and collapsed veins from chemo. I lost count of the no. of attempts to insert a cannula. Both my arms went black. It hurts. Have the antib's got the infection under control yet?
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

Mighty Oak
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby Mighty Oak » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:36 am

Janette, you certainly have had a rough trot lately. I hope you've now turned the corner and get better and stronger every day.
Very gentle hugs, Mo xxxxx

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:19 pm

I got my drain out on the Tuesday, 10 days after surgery, and saw the registrar on the Wednesday who noticed a red hot area. She gave me a script for stronger anti biotics and said come back through emergency if it gets worse. Back to hospital for a week on iv antibiotics, 20 odd attempts at cannular placement and 70mls of penicillin delivered into tissue rather than vein. Apart from that I could not speak highly enough of the Drs, nurses and all the staff at the hospital.

I'm hoping it's all good now..

Jezza I reckon I could do my own cannular now, I've seen it done so many times. I don't even look away any more.
Janette

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sun May 22, 2016 10:06 pm

Sorry to hear this Janette. I always think that this is going to happen to me one day! I guess it's a bit different as I was told that if mine leaked to come in and have surgery immediately.This is because I have saline implants and I suppose immediate "deflation". With silicone you have more time.

Seems like all is going well. I can just imagine you there...taking notes and I can only chuckle about how many questions you would ask...though you would probably be telling your medical team a thing or two!

Home now and I hope the drain is behaving!

Hugs

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

Mighty Oak
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby Mighty Oak » Sat May 21, 2016 11:38 am

Rest up over the weekend, Janette. Hope you feel tip top real soon.
Hugs Mo xxx

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Sat May 21, 2016 1:11 am

:hugs: take it easy Janette,hope you recover quickly...rosa

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Fri May 20, 2016 10:49 pm

Thanks Chris, I feel very well actually. Even the drain is not bothering me too much. I have a shoulder bag that seems perfect for carrying it and keeping it out of sight. :hugs:
Janette

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Fri May 20, 2016 7:51 pm

Wow, a big week indeed. Yet you still took time to worry about the forum :hugs:
Hoping you are recovering well and feeling comfortable :hugs:

Janette
Forum Legend

New Implants

Postby Janette » Fri May 20, 2016 12:13 am

Well, I had my ruptured implant removed and both replaced with slightly smaller sillicone implants last Friday. 3 days in hospital, discomfort rather than pain. Came home with one drain still in, and I don't think it's coming out for a little while yet. I was happy with the hospital, doctors, nursing staff and the food was good. I even had a room to myself one night.

I'd love an all over shower and a good scratch is all. I had a colonoscopy on the Monday and Surgery on the Friday so a week that I'm glad to be over.
Janette

Return to “Reconstruction”