Possible infection more4 years after breast reconstruction?

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Possible infection more4 years after breast re instructi

Postby The new girl » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:54 pm

:hugs: hope you feel better soon chris,it's never ending.....Rosa

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby JudyB » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:48 pm

sorry to hear this Chris, it hardly seems fair. Hoping the antibiotics do the trick quickly.

:hugs:
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:11 pm

Gosh Chris, that's awful! I agree...how does that happen after 4 years? Did the GP have any ideas? Very sensible to get it seen to ASAP and start treatment. Hope the antibiotics kick in quickly and do the job.

Back sounds painful too. Sounds like you might be off work next week.

hugs

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

winterlong
Superstar
Superstar

Postby winterlong » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:46 pm

darn chris!
no good at all.
yes, I relate to the body breaking down thing.
hoping it is resolved easily and quickly for you.
:heart:

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:30 am

that's weird Chris - really good that you got onto it fast as tissue breakdown would be disastrous. The joys of aging are definitely a challenge at times and I too have the moans and groans on occasions.
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:07 am

Saw a GP this morning. Definitely an infection. Heaven knows how that happened. On antibiotics. Along with anti inflammatories for lower back that is is spasm. Sitting hurts. Moving hurts :( it's not fun getting older but being a member of this site and having experienced breast cancer I know it's a privilege to still be here

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:29 pm

Chris,
I think I would be inclined to get it checked as quickly as possible. It may need to be treated aggressively if getting worse.

Please let us know how you go. :hugs:
Janette

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Possible infection more4 years after breast reconstruction?

Postby schoolteacher » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:36 pm

Hi all
Yesterday I noticed two red patches on my reconstructed (Tram Flap) left breast. One was high up and small. The other was larger and around the scar line. Today the patches are bigger and there is a little heat. Will call the doctor tomorrow morning but wondering if anyone else has had this happen years after surgery?
I thought my breast dramas were over :( Surgery was November 2011 from memory.
I wondering if it is scar tissue breaking down?

Return to “Reconstruction”