My Lat Dorsi

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: My Lat Dorsi

Postby JudyB » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:17 am

Hang in there Carmie, revisions are quite normal. I had a bit of necrosis after my diep and had to have it removed along with some revisions. It sounds like your surgeon is on the ball and wanting the best outcome for you. It's not an easy time, keep looking forward to your holiday.

:hugs:
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:45 am

:wave: all the best carmie for a speedy recovery....Rosa

carmie
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby carmie » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:30 am

Four weeks on from surgery things seem to be going well. Nurses change dressing Mon & Fri & I go to plastics clinic at the hospital on Wednesdays (exciting life hey !!) I did see the boss surgeon this week & the first thing he said was *sorry about the shape, but sometimes when we have to salvage a previous surgery it needs to have some revision later on*. That was one question answered. The breast looks very out of shape at the moment so I need to be patient, let all the swelling subside & then go back to PS in about January & he will plan the revision (hopefully for about April) The flap seems healthy & the bit that is slow to heal is on the radiated side of the wound but staying positive that it will be completely healed very soon. The swelling is starting to go down already, or maybe it's just that the muscle is starting to relax after the surgery; either way I have noticed in the last few days that it is becoming much softer. I live in hope that I may even be allowed to wear a soft bra by the time we go away in three weeks, but will check with the surgeon about that; I don't want to put any of it at risk. I have finished three weeks of antibiotics finally, I ended up with oral thrush, diarrhea & a very nice rash !! Thankfully it has all started to clear up after some yakult & probiotics. Hubby is busy getting things finalized for the trip, unfortunately I am not much use when it comes to lifting anything at the moment but of course I'm happy to tell him how to do things !!
Carmel
Carmel

Dx 31/05/11, RB skin sparing mast with silicone implant 21/6, DCIS approx 15cm, IDC 3cm grade 2 stage 2 ; 2/13 nodes, ER/PR+,HER2-, Ki-67+ : TAC x6, Radiation x28. Hormone therapy to follow. Tamoxifen May 2012- July 2012 - Stroke July 2012 switch to Femara Oct 2012

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:25 pm

:wave: hi carmie,good to hear you recovering at home,hope it a speedie one.....Rosa

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:13 pm

ahhhh must be nice to be home again Carmie - even if its with a drain. Anything better than being in hospital. Good to hear you are doing well.
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

carmie
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby carmie » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:54 pm

Glad to report I came home yesterday :v_happy: another drain was able to be removed so they asked me if I could cope with a drain at home.....hell yeh ! So they let me out just after lunch. Have had a very quite day taking it easy. Community nursing have just left, they will come & measure & change bag & check wounds, have a bit of a pressure spot under arm from the binder, so they will care for that too. Back to plastics clinic on wednesday for check up with them. I will be a model patient because I can't afford anything to go wrong this close to our trip.
Carmel
Carmel

Dx 31/05/11, RB skin sparing mast with silicone implant 21/6, DCIS approx 15cm, IDC 3cm grade 2 stage 2 ; 2/13 nodes, ER/PR+,HER2-, Ki-67+ : TAC x6, Radiation x28. Hormone therapy to follow. Tamoxifen May 2012- July 2012 - Stroke July 2012 switch to Femara Oct 2012

carmie
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby carmie » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:06 am

Thanks girls. Schoolteacher unfortunately this bacteria/infection was from the surgery I had in March. A little revision which required a cut in the inframammary fold & unfortunately hadn't healed so thats what lead to a Lat Dorsi with a very short lead in time of just a couple of weeks !!
Thankfully my scars wil be covered front & back......although I am sure with the amount of freckles on my back it will blend in quite easily !!! I must say I am very curious to see the boob in all its glory, still bound up & the only time the binder has been moved of course it wasn't for me to look at .......just the dr & his minions (about ten of them the other day !!!) I wonder whether they got a really freckly patch or being winter it could be quite a bit paler, .....I don't normally pay attention to these things & sounds like it could be a little while yet before I get a look. Oh well must be time to face crazy lady in patient kitchen for a cuppa (hubby bought in a little thermos to keep milk in !!)
Carmel
Carmel

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby JudyB » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:07 pm

Revisions aren't always bad, I had one because my surgeon is a perfectionist, he even revised the tummy scar line which I thought was ok, shows what I knew lol. I was only in overnight so was pretty happy.
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:40 pm

Hopefully no revisions will be needed :xfingers: Bacterial infections seem to be so common following surgery these days. Hopefully you will be hone soon :hugs:

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby JudyB » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:29 pm

Great news Carmie, hope you can get home soon

:hugs:

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:25 pm

Carmel well done you - its awful being stuck in there and there is always an annoying patient to cope with too. Hope that nausea stops soon and you can get home.I agree with you - close enough is good enough but after the swelling goes odwn you might be pleasantly surprised!! :clap:
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:25 pm

Hi Carmel,
I hope the bacteria clears up soon and you can go home feeling well. Take it easy and lap up the rest while you can. Such a shame that it might need some re-tweaking though, and that some patients are make life harder for others. :hugs:
Janette

carmie
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

My Lat Dorsi

Postby carmie » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:57 pm

I have had my lat dorsi reconstruction with implant done one week ago now, still in hospital though because there was some bacteria present around the old implant because I had an open wound for quite some time. So although I am out of bed & mobile & all that I am still here so they can keep up the antibiotics for a bit longer. I am having some sensitivity to them as well which is another reason. While I'm not allergic to them.... they do make me vomit sometimes, escpecially early morning on an empty stomach. So a bit of mucking arouñd to organise to keep some bread & jam so I can eat & have some anti nausea drugs beforehand. Not made easy by the crazy patient at the other end of the floor who has access to the patient fridge & knows no personal boundries ......... So I am spending my time constructively, watching tv, catching up on some reading,catching up with some friends I can go downstairs for a coffee ........ all good ! As long as I am here some of the time for drugs they are fine. Surgery ended up about 5hours but dr seems happy with it. It looks a bit misshappen & swollen at the moment but he said that will take quite some time to settle & then he will see if there is fine tuning to be done. I am very much hoping there isn't, near enough will be good enough, so long as it looķs ok to me when I am dressed & I don't need the prosthesis anymore I am pretty sure I will be happy.
Carmel
Carmel

Return to “Reconstruction”