Saline or Silicone

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Marydean
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Saline or Silicone

Postby Marydean » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:27 pm

Great to hear you're feeling like you're ready to tackle this!

I've got a lat dorsi flap with a silicon implant - the surgeon recommended silicon for longevity, but also because they are softer to touch than the saline ones. I ermed and ahhed over it, but they explained the ones they use are quite different to the older style silicon implants and therefore much safer.
Dancing through life, healing every cell in my body.

SUE48
Superstar
Superstar

Postby SUE48 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:30 pm

Thanks girls,
Yes so many options to consider, not rushing into anything and being in small business can't do sick leave so have to sort that out, the upside is that it gives me time to do lots of research now that I've made this decision.
Regards
Sue
Always face the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:40 pm

Sue I went with silicone, I really went along with what the PS thought best, no complaints. Never say never I guess. I hope it goes really well. :hugs:
Janette

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:02 am

Times do change. I wasn't at all interested in a reconstruction at first but after a few summers and once all treatment was over, I was ready to look forward again. Good luck with your decision. I didn't have implants so can't comment
Last edited by schoolteacher on Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

SUE48
Superstar
Superstar

Saline or Silicone

Postby SUE48 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:27 pm

So looking forward to recon now, finally got rid of Tamoxifen and it's side effects so feeling mentally and physically ready
But goodness, the options, silicone or saline, reckon would prefer saline, either way will mean a 4 day stay in hospital to have mastectomy to other side and expanders inserted. Then fills, then implants down the track.
How times have changed me, 5 years ago I would never have considered this, perhaps time does heal wounds.

Regards
Sue
Always face the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind

Return to “Reconstruction”