Tram flap recon enquiry

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Janette
Forum Legend

Re: Tram flap recon enquiry

Postby Janette » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:41 am

No definitely not that big but they stay perky when you're on your back and don't fall to the side like normal breasts do. I can just imagine the reaction calling the NRMA saying my hooters are stuck under my car. :pmsl:
Janette

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby ruth1 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:22 am

Jeez Janette - did you get the Pamela Anderson's!!! Not fitting under the car is a worry - mind you better that than getting under and not able to get back out!!! Imagine the NRMA dealing with that emergency hehehe
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:19 pm

My implants are perky but they feel like a prosthesis implanted under the muscle and not a real part of me. I'm not sorry I got implants but I think the flaps would feel more natural.

There is a disadvantage with implants when I tried to get under my vehicle one day. They just wouldn't fit. :pmsl:

It's just a matter of weighing up the pros and cons and you'll know what is best for you. :hugs:
Janette

Tanya1973
Wise one
Wise one

Postby Tanya1973 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:28 pm

Thank you schoolteacher. I definitely like the softer look of the tram vs implants.

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:09 pm

My tummy was definitely slimmer. I likened it to a bonus tummy tuck and I had a single recon. Softer, more natural looking breasts are obtained with a tram flap. As I was over 50 this suited me

Tanya1973
Wise one
Wise one

Tram flap recon enquiry

Postby Tanya1973 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:39 pm

Ladies,
I have read heaps of the recon stories and they have been so helpful...so thank you. I am looking at a double tram flap recon in the public system in coming months and was wondering for those women who have had a tram flap recon, was their stomach noticeably slimmer after the surgery....in other words was the hard recovery worth it from the point of view of how their tummy looks. And are your breasts quite perky ?
Thank you in advance for your advice.
Tanya

Return to “Reconstruction”