Fat transfer revisions

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
carmie
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Fat transfer revisions

Postby carmie » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:25 am

I have just had another little revision of my reconstruction last Friday. It all happened very quickly, I only had about 10 days notice that it was happening, which was good because I was very down thinking it was still 6 months away ! Day surgery was running late from the morning list so in the end I didn't go into surgery till nearly 6.30pm ! Woke up couple of hours later vomiting from anaesthetic but still came home & was sick for 24hours .....lost 6kgs !! (Nearly have it all back now) The procedure itself looks to have gone well, I have to keep reminding myself that it is a slow process & will take more goes to see a (possible)good result. When I had my implant replaced in Feb he used about 60mls of fat to pad over the implant a bit ....I think its between the muscle & the skin. This time he has lipofilled under the breast a little (another 60ml). I remembered to take some photos last week before I went in, so I can compare how it looks afterwards. I had asked if this first one could be to try & bring back my inframammary fold, since the contracture it has almost disappeared & because the implant is so much smaller now I have problems with my bra getting very uneven & uncomfortable. I was concerned going in because I hadnt seen him for 6 months & didn't know if he was doing what I had asked or had forgotten, I was glad when I could see where he he had injected the fat underneath & I'm sure it looks like its lower.....time will tell. There seems to be more of the fat transfer happening in conjunction with implants to help pad them out, I have read a few stories of women having this done, some, like me after implant surgery & some before surgery to place an implant, its very interesting stuff.
Carmel

Dx 31/05/11, RB skin sparing mast with silicone implant 21/6, DCIS approx 15cm, IDC 3cm grade 2 stage 2 ; 2/13 nodes, ER/PR+,HER2-, Ki-67+ : TAC x6, Radiation x28. Hormone therapy to follow. Tamoxifen May 2012- July 2012 - Stroke July 2012 switch to Femara Oct 2012

Return to “Reconstruction”