Reconstruction second time around

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Janette
Forum Legend

Re: Reconstruction second time around

Postby Janette » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:17 pm

Judy,
Rainenz did I think, but only having the recons separately lately. A few have got BC in the other breast, more often lobular I think, a few didn't have a recon. Quite a few prophs though.

I hope you don't have to worry about another bc or recon but getting your head around the worst scenario in case is understandable. :hugs:
Janette

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby JudyB » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:40 pm

Thanks Jezza, I know I am jumping the gun and it probably won't come to any of this but I am fairly sure of what my options will be if it is cancer and I am taking the opportunity to think about which choice I will make if it comes to that. I am not dwelling on it or panicking, just thinking about it. :(
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:54 pm

Different case with me Judy. I had a prophylactic mastectomy on my other side 6 months after the first. I had the exchange fron expanders to implants at the same time.

Lets hope you are getting ahead of yourself and never have to make that decision. It would be a huge op for you to have the same procedure as you did last time.

Hugs...I know you can't stop your mind from going in all directions.

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Reconstruction second time around

Postby JudyB » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:31 pm

Doing a lot of thinking this weekend and tossing up different scenarios. Has anyone here ever had a mastectomy followed by a reconstruction only to get cancer in the other breast and need another mastectomy? If so what did you do about reconstruction? Did you just give up and stay lopsided? Did you have an implant?

Just wondering.
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

Return to “Reconstruction”