implants - when to change them

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Janette
Forum Legend

Re: implants - when to change them

Postby Janette » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:55 pm

My feeling too Dibs. I'm getting a pouch above the right side as I put on some weight. The left side that had the nodes removed, nothing at all. If I lose weight than the pouch goes somewhat, but put it back on and it tends to droop over the implant.

I wouldn't have mine replaced unless absolutely necessary but then again if it was a necessity, I wouldn't be too worried about the surgery either. :hugs:
Janette

dibs
Hot-shot
Hot-shot
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby dibs » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:03 pm

It really is nice to be back, with people who just know - I now see how I missed it - No don't have the café any more sold it last December for a mix of reasons, I was getting to tired, it was getting to busy, and was stressing to much about peoples experience being just right and sometimes the wheels do fall off no matter how much planning you do.

I am calling them the right name? the skin/fat which is normally held forward by the weight of your breast - :biggrin:

and the ones I have are the implants (silicone) so I will go with If is not broke don't fix it :v_happy:

:grouphug: :heart:
dx 04 at 48 -single - left 2cm grade 1 right 1cm grade 3 insitu - sentinal node only + full node clear left side receptor + HER2+ - elected Bi Lat Mast + chemo on arimidex 5yrs - recon expander then silcone implants C cup

Gail
Forum Legend

Postby Gail » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:00 am

:wave: wonderful to hear from you Dibs, missed you. :hugs:
"You Gotta Laugh!"

Gail

Diagnosed April 2006,Lumpectomy,17 of 25 nodes positive, chemo, radiation. Finished treatment March 07
Diagnosed July 2012 cancer of mediastinal(nodes around lungs and heart)pelvis and spine. Up for the fight!

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby chrismelb » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:01 pm

What are the 'ears' on your implants? Makes me wonder if you still have in your expanders in?? Kee posting dibs and let us know where u have been. :hugs:
Dx 9/03 EBC
5/12 ABC bones-Herceptin,Tamox&Zometa
8/12 Liver mets-Abraxane,Herceptin&Zometa
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva
1/15 Rads to tumour in head
2/16 Whole brain rads lepto. mets, continue TDM1
8/16. Navelbine, Herceptin
1/17 Neratanib Xeloda & Herceptin.

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:02 pm

Oh..and welcome back! You have been missed! Have you still got the restaurant?

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:00 pm

Yes Deb...mine will have their 21st in November! I'm sure there are nicer shapes etc now but I won't do anything about changing them until one goes flat ! (they are saline)

I consider myself very lucky to have had no problems at all with them and the exchange and wouldn't undergo an op unless necessary. One is a bit higher than the other now but not noticable in a bra.

Shame about the "ears"...how does that happen.? Very annoying that they aren't comfortable as well. Would you be covered by insurance if you did decide to get them changed? I'd be interested to hear about that.

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

dibs
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby dibs » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:06 pm

thanks Janette

if I don't need to change them I wont but I would love to have the ears removed they are uncomfortable and look strange under clothing I have to pick clothing that hides them as I can only wear the ahh bras as I cant find bras with the smaller cup size as I have put on weight - it is good to be back Deb
dx 04 at 48 -single - left 2cm grade 1 right 1cm grade 3 insitu - sentinal node only + full node clear left side receptor + HER2+ - elected Bi Lat Mast + chemo on arimidex 5yrs - recon expander then silcone implants C cup

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:43 pm

Hi Dibs,
My surgeon said at least 10 years and maybe much longer. I haven't heard of them systematically changing them without cause, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Jezza has had hers for 20 years. You might need to discuss with your PS and he could check them at the same time.

Good to see you back. :hugs:
Janette

dibs
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

implants - when to change them

Postby dibs » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:58 pm

it is now coming up to 8 years since the implants and I was told they would last 5-8 years - how do you know when they need changing or do I just find a plastic surgeon ? any ideas

Return to “Reconstruction”