Expander Surgery

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Expander Surgery

Postby JudyB » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:37 pm

Aussie I had a thickened uterine lining when I was on Tamoxifen. I had a D & C which was day surgery and whilst in there they removed a polyp. It was no big drama, more like another inconvenience and indignity. My gyno oncologist told me that it was unlikely to be uterine cancer and even if it was it would be easy to treat although I was perimenopausal at the time so easy to say.

It's good that you are getting it checked out but please try not to worry too much.
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

aussie12
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby aussie12 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:25 am

Hi all

I finally got my appointment at the women's hospital. not until 13th October. It doesn't say anything about a test or anything so I will probably just be seeing a Doctor first. More waiting !!!

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:39 am

I hope you are able to have the test soon and rule out anything nasty. Please let us know how you go. :hugs:
Janette

aussie12
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby aussie12 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:33 am

Hi all

Sorry I forgot to update, my scan said I have a thickening of the uterine lining and I have to go and get another test at the women's hospital now. I think I need a biopsy to rule out cancer. I got a letter to say I'm on the waiting list and haven't heard anything since so it could be a while yet.
I had my normal period last week so I suppose I just have to wait and see what happens now regarding extra bleeding.

aussie12
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby aussie12 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:19 pm

Hi all

I had the scan done today, I was dying to go to the toilet so was lucky I didn't have to wait long to get called for scan. I am going to my GP on Wednesday so will find out what's going on. Still haven't got my proper period yet, was due 2 days ago but stomach has been sore as though I am getting it soon.

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:50 pm

Hey Aussie, plenty of time to decide on nipples or not. Good that you are having the bleeding checked out so one thing at a time. Good luck with scan and keep your legs crossed hehe!! Hold on tight.
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:52 pm

Hi Aussie,
I hope the U/S shows no problems, it sounds like you are in good hands. :hugs:
Janette

aussie12
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby aussie12 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:08 am

Hi all

I went to the Plastic Surgeon and he said I could get a nipple done, the operation is a small one, I told him not at the moment. My next appointment is in a year in case I decide to have the surgery. He was pleased with how the implant looked and I also got another photo taken, I'm not sure wether I want to get copies of my photos or not, their not really photos you would put on your wall lol.

In other news I am having an ultrasound as I started my period about 10 days after my last one. since I'm on tamoxifen I have to be carefull of any abnormal bleeding. I'm having it on Monday and have to drink 1 litre of water and not go to the toilet before I go !!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:36 pm

Also I found that my nipple (huge at first) is now the size of a pinhead and the tattoo has faded a lot so if I was to make the choice now I would be in two minds unless things have improved a lot. Let us know how you get on..hope all else is going well.

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:52 pm

Hi Aussie,
I hope your appointment goes well. Nipples are a personal decision and lots of ladies don't bother. You know what is best for you. :hugs:
Janette

aussie12
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby aussie12 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:34 am

Hi all
On Monday I have an appointment with the Plastic Surgeon, my one last month was cancelled. I haven't been back to the hospital since my surgery in November. If the Doctor asks if I want a nipple I am going to say no as I don't miss it at all and I don't really want another surgery.

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:37 am

My recon took over 2 years. You will be looking back on it soon. :hugs:
Janette

aussie12
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby aussie12 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:03 am

Hi all
Now I have another appointment on 12th may with the Plastic Surgeon, it will be 6 months after my implant surgery. Once you start this Breast Cancer thing it never ends.

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:00 pm

Hi Aussie,
We certainly have a lot of readers who don't post, so your account of your surgery and recon really helps others.

I'm delighted to hear that you are happy with the results, thank you for posting. :hugs:
Janette

aussie12
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby aussie12 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:16 am

Hi all

I had my mammogram and Doctor's visit at the hospital, everything's good, I don't need to go back for another year now. The Doctor said that my implant side looked really good, I'm happy with it so am glad that I had it done.

I've noticed that I've got quite a few views on this forum, I'd like to thank everyone for reading about my reconstruction and would like to say to anyone thinking of having it done that it's worth it in the end.

Best wishes to all

Return to “Reconstruction”