Forum Legend

Re: Expander Surgery

Postby Janette » Sun May 20, 2018 4:02 pm

Sorry to hear that Aussie, I hope all goes well with treatment. :hugs:
Janette

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby ruth1 » Thu May 17, 2018 8:25 am

Aussie - not again!! You've been through so much this is awful news. I hope you tolerating the chemo without too many of the bad effects and only having the good effects. Hope also the mammogram shows nothing. Let us know. Really disappointing for you to miss that holiday. You very much deserve the refund so you can rebook after treatment. :hugs:
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

aussie12
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby aussie12 » Thu May 17, 2018 12:33 am

Hi all
I just realised that I haven't been on this forum for about a year !!!
I was going well until March when I found out that I had bowel cancer again, I ended up in the ER with severe pain with an obstruction of the bowel. I had to have surgery again and last week started chemo again.
I was going on holiday to Adelaide and Bundaberg and had to cancel, I'm just waiting to see if I get a refund, luckily I have insurance.
I just had my mammogram on Monday so hopefully that will be clear.
I hope that everyone is well.
Aussie12

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:09 pm

Happy Easter Aussie. Good luck with the appointments.
Janette

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:00 pm

:wave: hi Aussie,great to hear you had a great time away,I hope all goes well with your appointments.
Happy Easter to you
Rosa

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:10 am

so good to hear you had a great trip Aussie. It was during a very wet weather time so good you got out and saw the sights. Hope all those appointments don't wear you out.
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

aussie12
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby aussie12 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:01 am

Hi all
I had a great holiday, Sydney was very busy but I had a good time seeing all the sights. I met up with the ladies in Canberra and felt that I had known them personally for years. It's worth going to Canberra just to see the War Memorial, one of the best places that I've been to.
I've been back home for 2 weeks and back at work.
I have 4 hospital appointments coming up soon, first mammogram then Oncologist then CT and oncologist for my bowel cancer.
Happy Easter to everyone
Aussie12

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:45 pm

Have a great time Aussie. I went to Canberra late last year and really enjoyed the place. :hugs:
Janette

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:24 pm

Aussie I really hope you have a great holiday - you certainly deserve to have some time away just for you and no medicals. Enjoy every day.
:clap:

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:51 pm

:wave: hi Aussie,hope you have a great time away.
Rosa

aussie12
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby aussie12 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:41 am

Hi all
I'm going on a holiday, the first one in over 10 years.
On Saturday I'm going to Sydney until Wednesday then on to Canberra. I'm meeting up with some of the ladies from the Australian forum on Breastcancer.org. I'm looking forward to meeting them all as I've known them online for 5 years. It will be great to have a proper holiday as well as I've mostly used my holidays for surgeries.
Aussie12

Mighty Oak
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby Mighty Oak » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:39 pm

Aussie12,
Good for you!! We like to hear about good scan results. As we keep saying, it's good to be boringly normal. Hoping you are boringly normal in April for your mammogram too!! :wink:

Hugs,
Mo xxx

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:36 am

:wave: hi Aussie,I hope you continue to have good results,wishing you all the best
Rosa

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:26 am

well tht must be a huge relief to know you have that under control. Fingers crossed for the same in April. Its been a long hard road for you. :hugs:

aussie12
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby aussie12 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:02 am

Hi all
I've just had a CT scan and check up on Thursday with the Oncologist about my Bowel cancer. The cancer hasn't spread so very relieved, I go back in 4 months. I have my mammogram and check up in April for my breast cancer.

Aussie12

Return to “Reconstruction”