Expander Surgery

SueM44
Been there, done that
Been there, done that
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Expander Surgery

Postby SueM44 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:34 pm

Hi Aussie,
be kind to yourself it is a big op and takes so long to recover from. :hugs:
Perhaps sit in the garden and enjoy it. I tried to go back to work quickly but it took me a long time to get my energy levels up.....I couldn't even walk to the end of the street even though I tried.

Good news about the mamo

Sue :)
dx Jan 2010 7mm IDC Grade 2. ER+ PR+ HER- had WLE and SNB in Jan followed by 30 rads. Hysterectomy May 2010. Genetic testing revealed BRCA 2 September 2010
Bilateral Mastectomy & Immediate Reconstruction Nov 2011

aussie12
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby aussie12 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:24 pm

Hi Jezza
yes I do work fulltime, when I go back all up it will be 6 weeks off, I won't want to go back. I feel really tired today, just can't be bothered doing anything. It's such a nice day today I should make myself go in the garden for a while.

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:08 pm

Great news about your clear mammogram! I'm sure nothing was suspected but you do worry until you get clear results. Another hurdle over!

Its good to get outside for a bit of a walk but ops do take a lot out of you. Yes...I think you have earned your time off work. You don't want to rush things and walking each day will help your recovery. Do you work full time?

Lots of appointments ahead of you but you are on the home run now...

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

aussie12
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby aussie12 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:06 pm

Hi all
I went back to the hospital on Friday and had my mammogram on right breast, everything ok, then I went to the Plastic Surgery Clinic, they redressed my expander wound. I will be getting my first fill in 2 weeks, 4 weeks after surgery. I go back to the hospital on Tuesday for I think just a checkup about the mammo, surgery.
My diarrhea has gone as I've stopped taking the antibiotics.
I went to the shops today and felt stuffed later on but made myself go for a walk around the park. I'm glad I'm not going back to work for 2 weeks, don't think I could handle it.
I wore my sports bra today, a bit uncomfortable but not too bad.
Have a great weekend.

SueM44
Been there, done that
Been there, done that

Postby SueM44 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:45 am

Hi Aussie
Hope you are feeling a little better by now.
The really soft sports bras are the best or those Ahhh bras they use to advertise on tv you can get them at most of the department stores.
I had double mastectomy and recon surgery and even though they said I dont have to wear a bra I do mostly as I feel comfortable in one. I also wear singlet tops under most things as I think it looks better.
Fills are fun but also can make you fell a bit funny so take care there as well.
My dr waited until I was healing from surgery before the first fill, it was about a month I think.
I ad about 4 or 5

Let us know how you are going
Sue :)
dx Jan 2010 7mm IDC Grade 2. ER+ PR+ HER- had WLE and SNB in Jan followed by 30 rads. Hysterectomy May 2010. Genetic testing revealed BRCA 2 September 2010
Bilateral Mastectomy & Immediate Reconstruction Nov 2011

aussie12
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby aussie12 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:24 am

Hi all
I think the diarhea is from taking antibiotics, I stopped taking them and was all right then took one more dose and have got diarrhea again. I went on a medical website and it said that can be a sympton. I am going back to the hospital tomorrow so will ask someone their if I need to get a different sort of antibiotics.
Jezza I only had left masectomy so still need a bra now and when it's all over.

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:36 pm

I just reread your post and realised that you are OUT of hospital...duh

I agree....if you continue to feel ill let your Dr know though hopefully you're over the worst of it. As Janette says...you probably won't need to wear a bra when your fills are finished...I'm not sure if you had a double mastectomy or single?

Rest up.

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:25 pm

Aussie,
If that diarrhea keeps up let the hospital or doctor know.

I wasn't told to wear anything and still don't. I would ask the surgeon what he or she recommends though.

I hope you're feeling better soon. :hugs:
Janette

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:09 pm

Oh...sorry that you're not feeing the best. Horrible having those sort of problems while you're in hospital.

My PS ordered me a sports bra which I wore home from the hospital...I was in there about 6 days from memory. Then I just wore whatever I thought would be comfortable. I wore underwire as well some time after....can't remember..was 21 years ago! but I think some have been discouraged to do that. It would be a good question to ask your PS.

Hope you're feeling better soon!

jezza

aussie12
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby aussie12 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:41 pm

Hi Jezza
What sort of bras did you wear after and how long before you started wearing them?
I woke up at 2am this morning with diarreha, didn't stop until 10am, not sure if from meds or just a virus.

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:06 pm

Wow...you're right...not much time at all to stress about it. I guess in one way thats a good thing.

I'm so pleased that things are looking good for you already...fills are exciting! I think they usually put a little bit of fill in at the time of placing the expanders. Well at least they did with me.

Rest up. 10 days in hospital is a long time but I guess we are very fortunate to be in a country where they don't just kick you out as quick as they can.

Keep in touch. I hope you feel better each day.

jezza xx

aussie12
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Expander Surgery

Postby aussie12 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:39 pm

Hi all, am just out of hospital from my tissue expander surgery. I was their for 10 days as the Doctor wouldn't let me out because my drain was too high. I haven't had a fill yet but it looks quite good all ready, you can see the shape of a breast . I was told on Wed 6th about 7th Feb surgery, not much time. I'm so glad to be home.

Return to “Reconstruction”