Expander Surgery

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Re: Expander Surgery

Postby schoolteacher » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:58 am

Good luck with your appointment. Every year the scans and check ups cause less anxiety. I am heading for my 6th year check in a few months.
A pity about the nightly discomfort but hoping you are pleased with the result otherwise. Scar tissue can cause pain for a long time. I certainly have some abdominal scarring that I am always aware of following a Tram Flap.
Still, we are here and well :clap:

Marin
Hot-shot
Hot-shot
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Marin » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:35 am

Congratulations, hope they look good at the end and that there is no much pain involve take care of yourself :hugs: :clap:

aussie12
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby aussie12 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:05 am

Hi all

I have my mammogram and Breast Surgeon's visit at the hospital this month. It's been 2 years since I found my lump, the time has gone quick. I still find that I can't lay on my left side for long as it's uncomfortable unless I wear bras but I don't like wearing bras in bed. I'll just have to see how long it takes.
Sometimes the implant seems to get really tight and feels really strange, it happens a few times each day and only lasts for a few minutes each time. Maybe it's the muscle getting used to the implant.
I haven't had any other problems so far.

aussie12
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby aussie12 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:27 pm

Hi all
I haven't updated for a while, not much as happened actually. At first I couldn't stand to have my bra on all day but now I have it on until I go to bed and it doesn't bother me at all. I still haven't been laying on my left side at night, my last surgery it took me ages as well and then I could only lay on that side for about 10 minutes at a time.

I don't see my Surgeon again until February, I don't think that I will have a nipple done as I don't really care if I have a nipple or not. As a friend said get the other taken off and you won't have to worry about bra's then, LOL.

aussie12
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby aussie12 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:41 pm

Hi all
I went to the dressings clinic on Thursday and told the Nurse about my pain and then got to see a doctor. There was no infection so I suppose it will take time to stop hurting.
Last surgery after the expander I suppose the fills were just gradual and this time with the implant it was all at once and slightly bigger than the expander.
I've still been tired and then not sleeping well I think because I haven't been doing much during the day.
I think I will also have to do lighter duties when I go back to work as it will still be too sore. The last thing I want to do is be on checkouts this close to Christmas putting huge trolley loads through!!!

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:25 pm

:wave: hi Aussie,good to hear your now home,please rest and try not to do to much.....Rosa

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:23 pm

Speedy recovery Aussie, good to be home I bet. :hugs:
Janette

aussie12
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby aussie12 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:17 pm

Hi all
I got out of hospital on Sunday, I thought the Doctor would say no again but I was lucky.
I'm still a bit sore and tired, went and did some shopping today and don't feel too bad.
I go to the hospital tomorrow to the Dressings Clinic I will ask the Nurse's their about my pain.

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:24 pm

I hope you get out soon Aussie. Drains can be frustrating when they continue to drain, but better the fluid out than in. :hugs:
Janette

aussie12
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby aussie12 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:45 pm

Hi all

Guess what? I'm still in hospital. The same as last time the drain isn't going down enough.

I keep thinking Tomorrow, Tomorrow, tomorrow but it hasn't happened yet.

The hospital is quiet as there's no Emergency Dept here so no surgeries on weekends. I think though if I went to the Materinty Dept it wouldn't be as quiet.

I've got quite a bit of bruising on my boob but it looks pretty good, the pain I've been getting is from the drain.

Will let you know how I go.

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:06 pm

Sorry that you were sick again after surgery...awful feeling but glad that all is ok today. That sounds pretty quick for getting your drains out...don't be too disappointed if it takes a while longer. Its better to make sure they are ready to come out to avoid further complications....not nice if its sore though.

Its great that its all over now and you can make the most of your time off work to just relax.

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:18 pm

I hope you recover quickly. :hugs:
Janette

aussie12
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby aussie12 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:43 pm

Hi all

I've had my surgery yesterday, it nearly got cancelled again just as I was going in for surgery, luckily it didn't. I was quite sick last night again but have felt better since 6am this morning and have eaten well.

My drain is hurting more than the surgery part of it, hopefully the drain will be out tomorrow and so will I. The Doctor this morning said I should be out tomorrow, the drains looking good so hopefully.

I'm glad this surgery is over and am looking forward to 3 weeks off work.

Hope that everyone is well.

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:01 am

Good luck with the surgery, thanks for keeping us updated. I think surgery is justification for leave even in busy times, but good that your boss is so understanding. :hugs:
Janette

aussie12
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby aussie12 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:47 pm

Hi all
I have my next surgery date, 25th November, again at Osborne Park Hospital. I also have an appointment on the 18th at the Plastic Surgery clinic at Sir Charles Gardiner Hospital, I enquired about that and they said I am getting a new Surgeon.

I thought it might be difficult at work to get time off as it's close to Christmas and as I work in retail your not meant to have time off in December. My Manager was good about it thankfully.

Will let you all know what's going on.

Have a great weekend all.

Return to “Reconstruction”