Tram flap recon last week

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
pamgraham
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Tram flap recon last week

Postby pamgraham » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:55 am

Hi,
I hope this helps if you are wondering what is next. I had a pedicle tram flap reconstruction in October 2013 and had real doubts about the long term effects on abdominal muscles ahead of the operation but I'm pleasantly surprised.
I could do a full golf swing three weeks after the op and sit ups (cheating a bit) after six weeks. Four months on there is just some slight tugging and the tummy is holding up to normal gym classes. I'm 52. Had breast cancer twice 18 years apart but it was the first reconstruction. I'm still 50/50 on tram reconstructions though because it is a big op.
Pam

hotlyn
Guru
Guru

Postby hotlyn » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:36 pm

Hi Sue,
I know this is a message from out of the blue..however I am having a tram flap left breast recon in Dec this year and I was wondering how you are 6 months or so down the track ? Regards Lynne

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:39 am

Hope you are still doing well Sue. Its so helpful when members report back on their recon experiences. It is such a big op and helpful for those considering it to read how others coped.

hugs

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

Marydean
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Marydean » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:29 pm

Sue I'm not surprised you questioned it in the first few days - such big surgery, it's a shock to the system. But I'm so thrilled for you that you're happy with the results - it will only get better as everything heals up and the new breast "fluffs". I wish you a really smooth recovery - don't try to do too much - a little extra rest now will help you get back to speed sooner in the long run.
Dancing through life, healing every cell in my body.

Gail
Forum Legend

Postby Gail » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:45 pm

Lovely to hear all is well Sue :hugs:
"You Gotta Laugh!"

Gail

Diagnosed April 2006,Lumpectomy,17 of 25 nodes positive, chemo, radiation. Finished treatment March 07
Diagnosed July 2012 cancer of mediastinal(nodes around lungs and heart)pelvis and spine. Up for the fight!

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby JudyB » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:02 am

Hi Sue, great to hear it all went well. It seems to be a common theme that people question their decision in the first couple of days.

Keep on improving and enjoy your new you :clap:
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:49 am

I am so happy that things went smoothly for you :clap: enjoy the new you. I love not having to worry about what clothes I can wear

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:40 pm

Hi Sue,
I wish you a speedy recovery and hope you are very happy with your new breast. :hugs:
Janette

SUE48
Superstar
Superstar

Postby SUE48 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:37 pm

So wonderful to hear op went well and you can get home soon.
:hugs:
Regards
Sue
Always face the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind

Miss Sue
Guru
Guru

Tram flap recon last week

Postby Miss Sue » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:50 pm

Hi all, just wanted to say I am now put back together again, well almost. 18 months after my mastectomy I now have my right breast again. :v_happy: I had a tram flap recon last Thursday and am hoping to be discharged tomorrow. All went quite well and I am so happy with how it all looks even in these early days.
My surgeon was just amazing and something I haven't experienced before, my anaesthetist was equally amazing.

Pain has been manageable with meds, thank god! And I will be honest and say that I questioned my decision of surgery in the first couple of days but now, so far, I have no regrets.

Special thanks to Sue who I met on this forum for her lovely messages. It is so great to chat with someone has experienced what you are going through.
I will be happy to answer any questions and will try to post photos soon.

Take care all. :heart:
Sue xxx
Dx 21/6/2011 Invasive Lobular Carcinoma, WLE and SNB 4/7/11 no clear margins + nodes involved, RBM & Aux Lymph Node clearance (9/30) - 12/7/11. OR pos, PR pos Her2 neg. Stage T3. Chemo, 6 x TAC 3 weekly from 7/8/11. Rads 3 weeks from 12/12/11. Tamoxifen to commence later Jan 12.

Return to “Reconstruction”