Surgery completed at last

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Surgery completed at last

Postby ruth1 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:08 pm

Chris, just ghastly to hear of all this. You must be devastated. Only hope that they can make it right for you and very soon. You have every right to make a very strong complaint to the hospital. The lack of care in you case is appalling. Sending you a get well hug. Ruth
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:00 pm

Chris, I'm so very disappointed for you, you had what looked to be a great outcome and then this problem. I just hope for the best with the final outcome. :hugs:
Janette

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:16 pm

Thanks for your concern girls. The AB's seem to be working, the area of redness has reduced, as has the heat, but the wound looks a mess. :sniff: It appears I have substituted one mess for another.
I have just finished drafting a "I'm not happy Jan" letter to The hospital. None of my family, or friends, can believe things have gone wrong again.
At least last year I felt they cared. I felt like a number this year and worry that my one decent looking breast will now be disfigured. The reconstructed breast is a sad looking affair after the blockage was trimmed last year but I was happy just to have some cleavage and not to need a prosthesis any more. I was reluctant to scar another site but that was less risky than further work on the left breast. It still came back to bite me!

pamela47
Enlightened one
Enlightened one
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby pamela47 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:56 pm

2005 DCIS on RHS - Lumpectomy and Radiotherapy.
In December 2006 another incident of Cancer on LHS - So had a Bilateral
Mastectomy. 13/8/2009 Had a Bilateral Latissimus Dorsi reconstruction.
December 2009 Massive infection in LHS. - out of hospital after 7 days - all's well since then.

molly dooker
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby molly dooker » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:07 pm

How are you feeling today Chris? I hope the ab's have started to kick in. :xfingers: :hugs:
Chris

Marydean
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Marydean » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:12 pm

Chris, hoping and praying that the antibiotics do the trick and you see an improvement quickly. :hug:
Dancing through life, healing every cell in my body.

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:12 pm

none of this treatment is simple - wonder why it has to be sooo difficult. Not having adequate care causes so much difficulty. HOPE IT DOESNT GET WORSE.
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby chrismelb » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:34 pm

As i said on Facebook, oh no....
Dx 9/03 EBC
5/12 ABC bones-Herceptin,Tamox&Zometa
8/12 Liver mets-Abraxane,Herceptin&Zometa
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva
1/15 Rads to tumour in head
2/16 Whole brain rads lepto. mets, continue TDM1
8/16. Navelbine, Herceptin
1/17 Neratanib Xeloda & Herceptin.

BronNZ
Been there, done that
Been there, done that

Postby BronNZ » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:26 pm

Oh bugga - at least you got there straight away - like liv says, watch it really closely and at the first sign of any spread/change get back and shout at them for something to be done. I had the same thing with my tum and with hindsight the signs were there that it was going wrong, but I just trundled along letting nature do it's thing. Not a good idea!
:hugs: Chris, this is not what any of us wanted to hear, you poor thing
Bron
When life gives you a rainy day, play in the puddles!
[color=#000000]

liv

Postby liv » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:46 am

so sorry you have to go through this...again!!! :hugs:
watch it like a hawk, if any doubt that antibiotics arnt working, get yourself into hospital emergency and lay it on.
please take care.
x

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:41 am

The GP said I did the right thing popping the pills. The wound is oozing. He has given me stronger antibiotics to use until I see the surgeon on Thursday, but told me to watch closely and if it doesn't improve or gets worse, it's back to hospital on an IV drip for 24-48 hours :(
It's different to last year. Last year the tissue died off and turned black, this is an infection that could spread and be difficult to get rid of. Why does nothing go smoothly? :mad: I attribute this to poor follow up care.
Last edited by schoolteacher on Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:16 am

Not again Chris, sooo hope this is resolved asap without further issue. Let us know how you go with GP.

Kerrie
Been there, done that
Been there, done that

Postby Kerrie » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:23 am

Chris hoping everything is ok.
Good to get onto the AB's straight away.
Thinking of you, i'm sure you and your DH must be so worried :hugs:
DX Oct 2009. 15mm tumour. Grade 2 Stage 2. 2/18 nodes pos. OES/PROG + HER -

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:04 am

Me too Chris. I was so sorry to read that you have problems with healing again. At least you know to get to your GP ASAP and they will know if you should see someone else.

I can just imagine how worried your DH would be after last time.

I will be watching this thread and hoping to read that it responds to antibiotics quickly.

jezza xx
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

molly dooker
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby molly dooker » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:25 am

Oh gosh Chris, yes a bit different from my thing. Hope you're okay. What a pain after everything! Hope it gets resolved quick smart. :xfingers: :hugs:
Chris

Return to “Reconstruction”