Surgery completed at last

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Re: Surgery completed at last

Postby schoolteacher » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:16 am

I will read your journey Chris but I'm 99% sure it's an infection. The whole breast was swollen and hot and the redness spread widely. I was beginning to feel a bit like the flu was developing also. Bit tricky seeing a surgeon in public hospital. I wasn't prepared to sit in casualty for 12 hours. I squeezed in two antibioticslast night and that already appears to have helped. Will see what GP says this morning.

molly dooker
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby molly dooker » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:32 pm

Hi Chris,
It may not be this, and of course still see the doctor absolutely.....but if you read my journey entry for July 9, 2010, what I experienced (nine weeks after reduction of good breast) was almost identical to what you describe.
It turned out to be undissolved sutures breaking through, and it went on for literally months if I remember correctly. If you can, definitely see the plastic surgeon, because my doctor really had no idea what was going on. But of course when I noticed the blood stain and the opening of the scar it was a Friday night! Just like you. I literally freaked out. But because it went on for months, although it wasn't serious, it was a damn nuisance, and a little disappointing.
I hope if it is something like undissolved sutures, then it resolves itself quickly. I, unfortunately have a jagged and a little bit lumpy scar now because of it.
I hope everything is okay. Let us know how you go.
:hugs:
Chris

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:18 pm

Good grief I hope you have nothing of the problems previously. Best to yet right on to it as you are doing in seeing the GP tomorrow. Please let us know how you go. :hugs:
Janette

BronNZ
Been there, done that
Been there, done that
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby BronNZ » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:12 pm

Crikey Chris, definitely get those antibiotics into you - I think you're certainly doing the right thing getting it checked, especially after last time - will have fingers/toes/everything crossed for you!
Bron
When life gives you a rainy day, play in the puddles!
[color=#000000]

liv

Postby liv » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:01 pm

fingers crossed the antibiotics will knock it on the head.. :hugs:

pamela47
Enlightened one
Enlightened one

Postby pamela47 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:56 pm

Sounds like an infection , taking an antibioticis good,,,, All the best at the doctor. Tomorrow. Pam
2005 DCIS on RHS - Lumpectomy and Radiotherapy.
In December 2006 another incident of Cancer on LHS - So had a Bilateral
Mastectomy. 13/8/2009 Had a Bilateral Latissimus Dorsi reconstruction.
December 2009 Massive infection in LHS. - out of hospital after 7 days - all's well since then.

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:07 pm

Hit a minor ( I hope) bump in the road today. My "reduced" breast is quite red and emanating heat tonight. I have booked the doctor tomorrow morning , not my usual GP but will see anyone to get onto this quickly. I found a script for antibiotics that my DD hadn't used last year so took an antibiotic tonight for peace of mind.
The vertical incision below my nipple wasn't closed/finished off properly as no horizontal incision was made below breast (tipping a junior surgeon was left to close :( ) there is a fold/crease there and it seems a little open. I was going to ask about it at my check up appointment next Thursday.
I was really hoping for a trouble free run this year! DH was in a panic tonight.

molly dooker
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby molly dooker » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:57 pm

Sensational! It looks just fabulous! Well done. It's been a long road for you. :grouphug:
Chris

Gail
Forum Legend

Postby Gail » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:24 pm

Looks amazing Chris! :clap: thank goodness it all went to plan this time :happydance:
"You Gotta Laugh!"

Gail

Diagnosed April 2006,Lumpectomy,17 of 25 nodes positive, chemo, radiation. Finished treatment March 07
Diagnosed July 2012 cancer of mediastinal(nodes around lungs and heart)pelvis and spine. Up for the fight!

Lucy the Lump
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby Lucy the Lump » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:06 pm

Whoohoooo? Very happy for you Chris. So good to hear some good news and that you are so thrilled too.
:clap: Lucy
Dx at 62 (March 2012). L Mastectomy (9/5/2012) Grade 3 IDC. 60mm. 5 of 19 Lymph nodes with mets. ER Pos (weak), PR Neg, HER2 Neg,
4 rounds of TC chemo (completed 17/8/12) - 25 rads (Completed 17/10/12) + Arimidex 10Nov12

Brain Mets 22Mar13. Neurosurgery 28Mar13. Rads start 24Apr13.

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:41 am

Thank you all so much. :hugs: The surgeon has redeemed herself lol Not that I really blamed her, it was just bad luck and unfortunate circumstances but I had lost confidence that I would ever look "normal" again. Waiting for the dissolvable stitches to disappear, my navel looks like it's growing whiskers ATM lol But I have one :clap:

Kerrie
Been there, done that
Been there, done that

Postby Kerrie » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:26 am

Chris!
OMG that looks amazing.
So pleased for you :hugs:
DX Oct 2009. 15mm tumour. Grade 2 Stage 2. 2/18 nodes pos. OES/PROG + HER -

Skettie
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby Skettie » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:48 am

Looks fantastic Chris. So glad for you :-)

tasgal
Your Maj
Your Maj

Postby tasgal » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:36 pm

Wow Chris.....very cooooool tummy you have there :clap: .....Sue :heart:

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:06 pm

Wow, looks good, at long last. :hugs:
Janette

Return to “Reconstruction”