Surgery completed at last

Lucinda
Been there, done that
Been there, done that
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Surgery completed at last

Postby Lucinda » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:31 am

Not having had reconstruction I don't usually post on this section, as no experience in this. But just want to say I've been thinking of you through all your difficulties Chris, sending lots of best wishes, and hope from now on everything will be so much better for you. :hugs:

Kazzie61
Hot-shot
Hot-shot
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kazzie61 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:40 pm

Chris......you have had such a rough time :hugs:
Not much I can say except :xfingers: things get easier for you soon :rose:
Luv n hugs :grouphug:

Karen :heart:
Dx 5/10/10, Stage 1, Grade 3, Triple Negative.
Lumpectomy, Node Negative, 6 x TC Chemo, BMX with immediate DIEP 20/05/11
Dx stage 4, bone mets 20/05/12, liver mets 07/02/13
Radiation June 2012
Monthly Xgeva June 2012
Chemo...Paclitaxel/Gemzar December 2012
Chemo...Xeloda Feb 2013

liv

Postby liv » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:11 am

Gail
Forum Legend

Postby Gail » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:20 pm

I missed this post and can't believe you are going through all this again Chris :hugs: absolutely shocking ! I was on a drip for 8 or 10 days this year for cellulitis and can't believe after what you have been through treating with tablets. :grouphug: I hope you are really on top of this as they can't be trusted on your welfare :hugs: thinking of you and hope it heals well. :hugs:
"You Gotta Laugh!"

Gail

Diagnosed April 2006,Lumpectomy,17 of 25 nodes positive, chemo, radiation. Finished treatment March 07
Diagnosed July 2012 cancer of mediastinal(nodes around lungs and heart)pelvis and spine. Up for the fight!

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:11 am

Chris,
I understand your frustration, there isn't an easy answer only a wait and see if he is right. To look at a wound and just will it to heal ok! Got everything crossed that it does. :hugs:
Janette

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:28 pm

Checked by the head honcho today who assures me the hole will fill up, I feel like "here we go again " have a script for a 4th course of antibiotics :( was actually given some dressings and ointment today, and back again next week for another check up. Ifit hasn't cleared by then I will be wanting to knw what they are going o do about. I'm not in pain And life (work) goes on so I am coping. I was congratulated by our school chaplain on my positive attitude :D DH was complaining about all the antibiotics I am taking but I figure that's better than letting the infection run riot

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:12 pm

Gosh Chris cellulitis can be really nasty. Quite a few on the forum have had it and I've had a couple of male friends who had it as well. You will really have to keep an eye on it especially as your medical team don't seem overly interested in monitoring it!

I know you will be doing all the right things and I'm really, really hoping that it will continue to improve.

hugs

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

liv

Postby liv » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:28 pm

chris :hugs: keep on it, dont let your guard down, scream yell demand. fingers crossed it doesnt cause you anymore grief.

x

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:56 pm

Chris,
I've been wondering how the wound was going. I dearly hope it heals soon and the appearance is really good. It has to be so traumatic for you after what you have been through previously. :hugs:
Janette

Eirelass
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Eirelass » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:18 pm

:( :( :( So sorry to hear you aren't being treated with the TLC and care you need.
Dx 28/3/12, EBC, Invasive DCIS; 4/5/12 Hookwire WLE & SNB, Grade 2, 16mm, 0/3 nodes, clear margins, ER+ PR+, HER2-; Rads July-Sept 2012. Tamoxifen. Writing my story www.girlinthepinkfreeruns.com

Cancer will not change you. It will amplify who you already were before you were diagnosed

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:01 pm

Thanks for asking girls :hugs:
I saw the consultant surgeon last Thursday who assured me that the stitching (with the gather) was one of 3 ways of closing a relatively small breast reduction. I didn't come across that in my research :(
She was very much brushing everything off as not a huge concern. Apparently that wound often breaks down as Mollydooker said, but is not usually infected. She called it cellulitis. I am on my 3rd course of antibiotics, it has settled but not disappeared yet. There is a large patch of redness still and a round ulcerated looking patch the size of a 10 cent piece at the base of the wound. I bathe it with betadine daily and apply an antibiotic cream. I mentioned how long the dressings were left on to be told we always see you the next week. Didn't really cover the lack of clean dressings while in hospital. Weekly checks (tomorrow morning) at the hospital until it clears. I go braless when my wardrobe allows to work. I only wear ahh bras when I have to wear something. The largecbandaids I was applying have irritated another part of the red patch. I was told who to page if I have any further problems.
No apology and only had the standard your feedback is valuable to us and will be passed on to the relevant department email as yet.

Lucy the Lump
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby Lucy the Lump » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:59 pm

Hi Schoolteacher/Chris - same as Liv - I am hoping that the ABs did the job and that the healing is coming along well now. Also hope you get an apology for the lack of care at the hospital
Cheers Lyn/Lucy
Dx at 62 (March 2012). L Mastectomy (9/5/2012) Grade 3 IDC. 60mm. 5 of 19 Lymph nodes with mets. ER Pos (weak), PR Neg, HER2 Neg,
4 rounds of TC chemo (completed 17/8/12) - 25 rads (Completed 17/10/12) + Arimidex 10Nov12

Brain Mets 22Mar13. Neurosurgery 28Mar13. Rads start 24Apr13.

liv

Postby liv » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:38 pm

shoolteacher - chris :hugs:
how are you going, hoping alls good and the antibiotics stopped pending infection.
what a bugga, your tummy was looking so so good.

Kazzie61
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby Kazzie61 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:35 pm

So sorry you've had to go through so much Chris :hugs:
Hope things are much better when the healing process is complete :xfingers:

Karen :heart:
Dx 5/10/10, Stage 1, Grade 3, Triple Negative.
Lumpectomy, Node Negative, 6 x TC Chemo, BMX with immediate DIEP 20/05/11
Dx stage 4, bone mets 20/05/12, liver mets 07/02/13
Radiation June 2012
Monthly Xgeva June 2012
Chemo...Paclitaxel/Gemzar December 2012
Chemo...Xeloda Feb 2013

Kerrie
Been there, done that
Been there, done that

Postby Kerrie » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:20 pm

Chris wounds can look such a mess when there is infection but once the ab's start to work the healing process can be much better than you expect.
I'm so sorry that you are going through this.
Hoping things start to improve for you very soon :hugs:
DX Oct 2009. 15mm tumour. Grade 2 Stage 2. 2/18 nodes pos. OES/PROG + HER -

Return to “Reconstruction”