Reduction to good breast

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Reduction to good breast

Postby ruth1 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:53 am

Chris that is soooo scary. I can only wish you a speedy recovery from now on. Living with that must be very hard. It pains me to see how bad that is. It looks like a long healing process. I wonder if, down the track, some laser treatment might help. I have had a hole in mastectomy with hardening of the tissue sling inside. laser has helped to soften the tissue and also seems to have helped heal the hole which just wasnt responding to anything. Hugs to you. R
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

Gail
Forum Legend

Postby Gail » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:36 am

I can't believe how nasty that wound is Chris :hugs: you have been amazingly strong throughout and I have only the very best thoughts for them to fix your tummy once and for all. :grouphug:
"You Gotta Laugh!"

Gail

Diagnosed April 2006,Lumpectomy,17 of 25 nodes positive, chemo, radiation. Finished treatment March 07
Diagnosed July 2012 cancer of mediastinal(nodes around lungs and heart)pelvis and spine. Up for the fight!

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:21 pm

Apparently my tummy needed to "soften up" , interpreted as fatten up again before they coukdattempt to pull the top and bottom edges back together again. Trying too soon would have created the same problem of tissue damage and dying off was what I was told. I believe the graft has to be cut away then the to edges reconnected. Hoping for a much better look this time tomorrow :xfingers: The redness above the wound worries me. I seem to have developed psoriasis as a result of the trauma. My skin has always been sensitive :(
Attachments
tummy.jpg

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:21 pm

Apparently my tummy needed to "soften up" , interpreted as fatten up again before they coukdattempt to pull the top and bottom edges back together again. Trying too soon would have created the same problem of tissue damage and dying off was what I was told. I believe the graft has to be cut away then the to edges reconnected. Hoping for a much better look this time tomorrow :xfingers:

liv

Postby liv » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:13 pm

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:03 pm

Sorry to confuse you Liv. Prolapse surgery has been postponed to January (pleased to hear the 10 mins though :wink: )
I am having abdominal revision and reduction of right breast following a disastrous Tram Flap reconstruction last November. I ended up incubated in Intensive Care. Very scary for the family more so than me as I can't remember those first few days at all. :wave:

liv

Postby liv » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:32 pm

:hugs: it will be over before you know it., saw documentary on sbs about prolapse and couldnt believe it took about 10 minutes and bingo all done.

love and best wishes with you :heart:

x

just realised im off on another topic...still the same best wishes :heart:

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby JudyB » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:47 pm

I can see how your family would be very worried about your Chris, just remind them that a big part of the problem was the length of the last operation. This surgery is nowhere near as long. I am sure your hubby and other daughter will keep the other daughter informed.

Not long to go now!

:hugs:
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:28 am

Your nurses sound lovely Janette. I am hoping to see a few nurses from last year again. They were lovely and we had a few laughs. I had my girls to moisturise my legs :D they spoiled me last year but DD just returned to Coffs so won't be here this year. She is very upset and worried about being so far away. I have to call her before I go in tomorrow. Gotta love her :D
Last edited by schoolteacher on Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:35 pm

Sorry Chris, my post is probably misleading because the drains were probably in the side with the implants and being foreign bodies, infection can be a big worry. I doubt somehow that you would be in hospital for long, but depends on the surgeon and his policies I guess.

We laughed ourselves silly for 5 days so it was more enjoyable than most hospital stays. We had the nurses sitting on the bed and joining in as well. Lovely nurses they were, one even moisturised by feet for me. :pmsl:
Janette

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby JudyB » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:12 pm

I wouldn't have thought it would be that long either, although I didn't think about the drain issue. I can't really help you here Chris as I was in for a week but that was due to the reconstruction of course. I googled it and most sites say around two days, some say even less. I am guessing though with your tummy as well you will be for at least two days, but then what do I know? :wink:

I am so happy that this time has come for you. I will be thinking of you on Tuesday.
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:36 pm

Really? Wow, I'm hoping to be home earlier than that. :shock: no work to be done on reconstructed breast apart from a very small patch that hasn't healed all year (think a stitch was left in and dermatitis has developed) then the tummy repair. I expect I wont be able to straighten up again for a few days.

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:08 pm

Chris,
2 Ladies in my hospital room had reductions and expanders replaced with implants and they were in hospital for 5 days, because the PS didn't like to discharge patients with drains in place.
Janette

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Reduction to good breast

Postby schoolteacher » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:17 pm

It's probably a bit late to ask, :gappygrin: but can anyone who has had a reduction to the non cancer breast following a unilateral reconstruction tell me how long they were in hospital and how long their recovery took?
People keep asking me about my hospital stay and I have no idea.

Return to “Reconstruction”