Nipple Tattos.....

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Gail
Forum Legend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Nipple Tattos.....

Postby Gail » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:54 am

Great you went ahead Kaz! :v_happy:
"You Gotta Laugh!"

Gail

Diagnosed April 2006,Lumpectomy,17 of 25 nodes positive, chemo, radiation. Finished treatment March 07
Diagnosed July 2012 cancer of mediastinal(nodes around lungs and heart)pelvis and spine. Up for the fight!

liv

Postby liv » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:59 pm

wow thats fantastic news.. :hugs:

for myself i havent got my head around no breast not alone the nipple bit.

bet you feel sexy as, lots of women dont need all the bits to feel ok, im definitely in the whole reconstruction and whatever to get my boobie back, hopefully one day :v_happy:

well done kaz :heart:

x

Kazzie61
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby Kazzie61 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:24 am

Jezza....I had them done by a Cosmetic Tattooist. She was very nice & made me feel very at ease & comfortable! She did say they would fade with time & that I could come back any time I felt I needed them darkened....not sure I'd bother though :happydance:

Judy....yes, it is good to feel better about my body & not get a shock when I accidentally catch a glimpse getting out of the shower :sniff:
I spent many months totally avoiding looking at myself naked....once I got the npples it was a bit easier but now I do feel much more 'normal' :clap: And yes, you're right, I think we just get used to our new 'normal' :D
My hubby has always been much more comfortable with the look of them than me & he had a bit of a laugh when I walked into the living room topless to show him last night :wink:

Karen :heart:
Dx 5/10/10, Stage 1, Grade 3, Triple Negative.
Lumpectomy, Node Negative, 6 x TC Chemo, BMX with immediate DIEP 20/05/11
Dx stage 4, bone mets 20/05/12, liver mets 07/02/13
Radiation June 2012
Monthly Xgeva June 2012
Chemo...Paclitaxel/Gemzar December 2012
Chemo...Xeloda Feb 2013

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:13 am

Thanks for sharing your news. Did your PS do your tattoos or were you referred to someone else? Glad that you are happy with the result. My tattoo has certainly faded over the years but there is still colour there and I'm glad that I had it done.

Always good to share experiences and knowledge on the forum.

Hugs

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby JudyB » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:44 pm

I'm very glad you got it done Karen and I'm glad that it has made you feel better about your body. I nearly didn't get mine done but I am glad I did eventually. When I get out of the shower in the morning now I don't get a shock of how I look, this is partly due to the reconstruction looking so good and partly I guess to my 'new' body becoming more normal to me. It's kind of difficult to remember what the old body was like.

Keep up the great attitude :hugs:
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

Kazzie61
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Nipple Tattos.....

Postby Kazzie61 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:46 pm

I finally for my nipple Tattos today :pmsl:
I had my BMX with DIEP in May last year, my nipple reconstruction in April this year & then in May got my mets diagnosis :bawl:
For awhile after that I thought what's the point...but then I thought well, that sounds like someone who's giving up :ouch:
So off I went today full of nerves & I have to say it was very quick & painless! And apart from all the scaring my boobs look almost normal now :wink:
So glad I did it & I just wanted to share :hugs:

Karen :heart:
Dx 5/10/10, Stage 1, Grade 3, Triple Negative.
Lumpectomy, Node Negative, 6 x TC Chemo, BMX with immediate DIEP 20/05/11
Dx stage 4, bone mets 20/05/12, liver mets 07/02/13
Radiation June 2012
Monthly Xgeva June 2012
Chemo...Paclitaxel/Gemzar December 2012
Chemo...Xeloda Feb 2013

Return to “Reconstruction”