Waiting still

liv
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Waiting still

Postby liv » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:12 pm

chris

oh dear decisions decisions :hugs:

spose its really a decision based on how you are coping with things now..

mum's not coping as losing control of bladder in public, she went to appointment yesterday and was told
apart from having her prolapse fixed she would have to have have a full hysterectomy as uterus is pushing down on bladder and without the hysterectomy the prolapse would come back. hopefully they will get her in quickly as shes quite stressed about it :heart: they are going to do both ops same time :heart:

hope you get this sorted the best way possible and it doesnt interfere too much with dd's visit, she will be here soon :v_happy:

and glad to hear your tummy is healing and :xfingers: its keeps healing.

x :heart:
Last edited by liv on Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:22 pm

Just rang Frankston waiting list as I see gyno this afternoon and expecting to be advised to have surgery so trying to coordinate both surgeries and recovery times :shock:
Coordinator wouldn't expect me to be called in before Nov/Dec! That means 12 months wait for repair! :mad:
On the plus side, I could have other possible surgery beforehand and recover in time for round two :crybaby:
I can't see much teaching happening this term :( will update tonight

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:07 pm

No pain, only in intimate moments, so they are few and far between :wink: I'm only a little concerned about having generals close together again. I don't think my brain has recovered from 4 surgeries last year.

My tummy wound is a lot smaller and I can now tolerate some of my regular pants :v_happy: though I'm glad to whip them off when I get home from work. Will keep you posted. From all accounts new bf is lovely they have a similar family history so lots in common.
DD is certainly smitten, and he's a big step up from previous bf :clap: he's from Sydney though, so doubt DD will ever return to Melb to live

Skettie
Hot-shot
Hot-shot
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Skettie » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:23 pm

Aww Chris you've been so brave & patient throughout. I hope after your daughters visit you get a date to have everything sorted in a super speedy fashion :hugs:

Kerrie
Been there, done that
Been there, done that

Postby Kerrie » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:45 pm

Oh Chris,you must be so over all of this.
Hope it's all done very soon for you :hugs:
DX Oct 2009. 15mm tumour. Grade 2 Stage 2. 2/18 nodes pos. OES/PROG + HER -

Blizz
Been there, done that
Been there, done that

Postby Blizz » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:13 pm

it sometimes seems like it never stops doesn't it? Do you get a lot of pain from the prolapse?
I am very much over surgery myself. Even 'positive' surgery :)

hope you will get a date soon and that it won't interfere with your DD's visit. Since Xmas is a very long time, can imagine you're looking forward to it.

liv

Postby liv » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:41 pm

chris :hugs:

horrible thing prolapses, my mum is going to have hers done too.

is your tummy still like the pic, is it painful? hopefully this and prolapse will get sorted quickly.

and lovely for you yr daughter is coming home with new boyfriend in tow, bet she's nervous that you will approve :xfingers:
i remember those days :girl:

x
Last edited by liv on Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby JudyB » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:36 am

I hope you get that date soon Christine and it is after your daughter's visit! What a pain in the neck, I am so impatient when it comes to this sort of stuff. Do you have to wait long for the prolapse, I thought that they were things that needed pretty quick action?
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:29 am

Hi Chris,
I hope your surgery date comes up soon after your DDs visit. I imagine you'll feel so much better after both surgeries are done particularly the prolapse. :hugs:
Janette

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Waiting still

Postby schoolteacher » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:39 am

Well, no date yet for getting my tummy repaired. I have received a letter confirming I am having repair and right breast reduction and I am now listed as ready for care. I haven't hassled for a date as my DD arrives on 3rd October (haven't seen her since Xmas) and I don't want to be in hospital while she is here, with ew boyfriend in tow :wink:

I see a gyno next week about a prolapse. I will need a vaginal repair with probable hysterectomy to prevent future relapse. More surgery looming :(

Return to “Reconstruction”