PS Recommendations Sydney

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Janette
Forum Legend

Re: PS Recommendations Sydney

Postby Janette » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:35 pm

You're welcome to PM names if you wish. We've had problems in the past with targeted attempts to defame from someone googling. :hugs:
Janette

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby ruth1 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:29 pm

way to go Dan, start the new year with a pair of new girls!! At least you can get through Xmas and all of that crazy time and then ease into the surgery when Sydney is nice and quiet. Ask Santa for some pretty c cup bras as well.
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

Danstarr72
Wise one
Wise one

Postby Danstarr72 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:12 pm

I'm off for a bilateral mastectomy and TRAM in January. I initially had a lumpectomy (x3) but have ended up with lymphodema in that breast. Prior to this nightmare I was planning to reduce the old E cups but now with the lymphodema that's not an option. And to be honest I don't really want them any more seeing as one of them tried to kill me! Looking forward to getting rid of them and to reducing the size. C cup here we come! Woot! :v_happy:
Dx 9/5/12 30mm invasive ductal carcinoma ER/PR/HER2 +ve lumpectomy x 3 for involved margins. Port a Cath insertion AC x 4 followed by weekly taxol/herceptin x 12. 3rd lumpectomy clear, commenced 6 weeks RT, continued with 3 weekly Herceptin for total of 17 doses. Commenced Tamoxifen Feb 2013.

Sammy
Enlightened one
Enlightened one

Postby Sammy » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:53 pm

Well, I am having a bi-lateral tram on the 29th of this month with the surgeon who is supposed to be the best in Sydney.

Have a look at the last couple of entries on the OMG Its So Expensive thread. Sue 2194 recently had a recon with the same surgeon and is very, very happy. I have seen a couple of examples of her work and they really looked better than others (went to a recon show and tell) Also, a good friend of mine who is a nurse at a private hospital insisted I should go to her, as she has seen everyone's work, and thinks she's the best.

I know we are not allowed to actually give full names, but, her first name is Megan. Shouldn't be too hard to find.

Be warned though, I first called for an appointment in February, but couldn't get in to see her till June. Then the first surgery date available was 29 November! So you need to start the process earlier than you would expect.
Dx 11/2/11 RBMx clear margins 21/2/11 ANC 16/3/11 1 x node +ve. Not multifocal, unstaged.
-IDC 25mm gr 3 ER-, PR-, HER2+,
-ILC 16mm gr2 ER+, PR+, HER2-, infiltrating subtypes allover
13/4/11: 4 x AC, 4 x T + rads + herceptin + femera

Dec 2012 LBMx, bilat tram LCIS
Dec 2013 Lymphoedema R arm

Jennt28
Your Maj
Your Maj

Postby Jennt28 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:01 pm

How did you go with this Sue? I am just over 2 weeks out from my bilateral skin sparing mastectomy with immediate free TRAM reconstruction and am more than happy with the result so far. Apart from the lack of nipples someone would not know these aren't my original breasts!

I am in Sydney too.

Jenn
Diag: 01/12/11, ER+ PR+ Her2+, 20mm, Grade 3, 1/1 node positive
Surgery: Lumpectomy in Dec 2011, CT/bone scan clear
Tx start 12/1/2012: 3xFEC, 12xTaxol, Herceptin till March 2013
Surgery: BMX with free TRAM in Sep 2012, 1/1 node negative
Me: 47, wife, mother, work full-time...

Miss Sue
Guru
Guru

PS Recommendations Sydney

Postby Miss Sue » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:55 pm

Hi all, I have an appt booked for next week with a ps for my recon. I can't wait to be "all put back together again" as my bs says. Would love to hear from anyone who has recently had a tram flap recon and if they are happy to name their PS (by pm if that is the case) that would be great. I am sick of stuffing my prosthesis into my bra each morning and taking it out each night. Hate being lopsided. Need to feel like a whole woman again.
Dx 21/6/2011 Invasive Lobular Carcinoma, WLE and SNB 4/7/11 no clear margins + nodes involved, RBM & Aux Lymph Node clearance (9/30) - 12/7/11. OR pos, PR pos Her2 neg. Stage T3. Chemo, 6 x TAC 3 weekly from 7/8/11. Rads 3 weeks from 12/12/11. Tamoxifen to commence later Jan 12.

Return to “Reconstruction”