Helllooo Ladies

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
SuzyQ
Guru
Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Helllooo Ladies

Postby SuzyQ » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:04 pm

thanks Jezza

I realised after I submitted it lol, I will cut and paste :-)

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:47 pm

Actually....you may not get too many replies in this section....Events in WA. Lots of interstaters don't look in here and your post may be missed.

Maybe cut and paste your post and put it in the General Discussions. I'm sure lots of ppl would be interested and identify with what you're going through.

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:39 pm

First of all its great that you were able to have recon at the same time as mastectomy....not always possible.

Hope you go well with the fertility expert tomorrow. Quite a few of the girls on the forum are going through the same sort of processes as you atm. Its so hard and naturally you are upset and confused. Its tough when you are trying to get all the info and make decisions.

Please let us know how you get on tomorrow and with the onc on Friday.

Hugs

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

SuzyQ
Guru
Guru

Helllooo Ladies

Postby SuzyQ » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:44 pm

Hi All

Just like to say a big thank you to all that gave me the advice about having a reconstruction at the same time as the mastectomy. I have been home for two weeks now and feeling really well. The pathology came back all clear and my plastic surgeon is happy with everything also. I must say, I am really impressed with what I came out with and not as nearly as much pain as I imagined. The nurses at The Mount Hospital are fantastic women, I really take my hat off to each and everyone one of them :heart:

hmmmm so yesterday I have my appointment with the Oncologist for the first time. Because of my age (32) she is recommending chemo with 2-5 years of hormonal therapy. I have been pretty good so far, was I being stupid or niave thinking I could get out of it??? I don't know but it's really brought down my spirits big time. I am seeing a fertility clinic tomorrow to discuss my options (I was 10 weeks pregnant before the mastectomy but they advised to terminate) and then back to the Oncologist Friday, after I have absorbed what she threw at me.

My head is spinning, I'm anxious and god damn it, I'm really angry with my body how dare it fail me! grrrrrrrr

Return to “WA”