Life Now Yoga and Meditation program

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Marin
Hot-shot
Hot-shot
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Life Now Yoga and Meditation program

Postby Marin » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:32 am

Hi Slamb
Well look into thank you for letting me know, have a good day :clap: :grouphug: Juanita

slamb

Re: Life Now Exercise program

Postby slamb » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:17 pm

Hello All
Life Now Exercise classes start at the end of September 2013.
The Life Now Exercise Program is for cancer patients undergoing treatment or have had treatment in the last 2 years, and their carers. The program runs for 12 weeks, for an hour session twice a week and is facilitated by a qualified Exercise Physiologist. Each participant has an individualised program designed for them by the Exercise Physiologist, but the group attends the sessions together.

The Cancer Council Life Now Exercise Program is tailor made for people affected by cancer. Participants experience the benefits of exercise in a safe and supportive environment.

We know that exercise is actually a recommended part of cancer treatment and recovery. Exercise can help patients manage some of the side effects of treatment such as reduce fatigue, nausea, pain and improve sleeping patterns.

For cancer patients it is one of the best ways to enhance recovery post treatment. Exercise is not only safe for cancer patients but it also helps regain fitness, muscle strength and reduce tiredness, anxiety and depression.

Classes are held in Balga, Bayswater, East Victoria Park, Joondalup, Nedlands, South Lake and Mandurah. For more information or to register please call Cancer Council Helpline 13 1120

molly dooker
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby molly dooker » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:32 am

The Life Now classes are on again.
Yoga and meditation classes in different centres all over the metro area. Also Geraldton, Bunbury and Mandurah.
Some are starting soon, others in August. Just call the Cancer Council of Western Australia on 13 11 20 for a class near you.
All these classes are free and CCWA "invite people living with cancer, their carers and family members to take part in these free programs".
I can personally endorse the yoga program which I did at Rossmoyne in 2009 around the time I was undergoing treatment.

The Cancer Council are also holding a Draw Your Way to Creativity: Art/Drawing Course in Shenton Park starting the 23rd August for 6 weeks and Patient Education Seminars talking about exercise, nutrition, counseling, goal setting, metitation, yoga, financial planning, safe and effective natural therapies, emotional well-being, accessing support and self care. Call the helpline on 13 11 20 to book your seat.

I am taking all this information from a flyer sent to me from the Cancer Council of WA. It has a list of all the classes on the flyer.
Chris

molly dooker
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby molly dooker » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:50 pm

Hi all,
I have just received in the mail from the Cancer Council about the Life Now classes again.

Yoga, Meditation, and Exercise programs beginning Jan/Feb 2012. All throughout the Perth metro area, including Mandurah, Rockingham and Geraldton (only the exercise one appears to be happening in Geraldton)

Anyway, to find out where one is close to you, and what program just give the Cancer Council a call on 13 11 20.

The Yoga and Meditation ones are free, the exercise one is almost free as well, I think just a small one off fee.

Quote: "The program is free to cancer patients who have undergone treatment within the last two years and their carers. There may be a one off fee for your initial assessment with our qualified Exercise Physiologist, this is dependent upon your GP and private health care fund." end quote.

The yoga and meditation ones are completely free, and I speak from experience (I did the yoga program one time) it is well worth doing. Just quickly, the Rossmoyne one has a fabulous teacher. :clap:
Chris

molly dooker
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby molly dooker » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:21 am

No worries Cheryl, hope you get lots of benefit from it. :)
Chris

Cheryl H
Your Maj
Your Maj

Postby Cheryl H » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:19 am

Thanks Chrissie, I missed out on the last round of these. I have been waiting for the next round to start. I will probably go to the Whitfords one.

molly dooker
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby molly dooker » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:57 pm

The Cancer Council is running these programs again, beginning in May.
The meditation and yoga classes are once a week for 6-8 weeks all over the metro area.
There is an exercise program as well running at two classes a week. Different days and times depending on where you go.

The program is free to cancer patients who have undergone treatment within the last two years and their carers. There may be a one off fee for your initial assessment with our qualified exercise physiologist, this is dependent up your GP and private health care fund.

(I think the last bit about being assessed only pertains to the exercise program.)

I attended the yoga program in 2009 I think it was just after going through treatment and I recommend it.

This is through the Cancer Council 13 11 20. If you give them a call, they will send out the info.
Chris

molly dooker
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby molly dooker » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:08 pm

I am afraid I don't know Sue. Your best bet would be to give Cancer Council a call on the same number (I think it must be the same throughout Australia) and ask them about similar programs. Good luck and let us know how you go.
Chris

SueM44
Been there, done that
Been there, done that

Postby SueM44 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:03 pm

Thanks for the info Chrissie. In Melbourne too?

Was a regular gym goer and pilates enthusiast so would be interested.
Thank you
Sue :D
dx Jan 2010 7mm IDC Grade 2. ER+ PR+ HER- had WLE and SNB in Jan followed by 30 rads. Hysterectomy May 2010. Genetic testing revealed BRCA 2 September 2010
Bilateral Mastectomy & Immediate Reconstruction Nov 2011

molly dooker
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Life Now Yoga and Meditation program

Postby molly dooker » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:25 pm

Hi Ladies,
Cancer Council in again running the abovementioned programs.
There is a whole list of venues and dates and they start the beginning of May. It is complimentary (or gold coin donation) and I have been to the yoga one in Rossmoyne end of last year and it is brilliant. The teacher there is excellent so I can recommend the Rossmoyne one highly.
If interested the number is Cancer Council 131120. They won't hesitate to send you the information. I usually receive mine the next day. They will take your booking over the phone.
Chris

Return to “WA”