Friday, 21st October.

Phyllis
Hot-shot
Hot-shot
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Friday, 21st October.

Postby Phyllis » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:10 am

Yep, I had a great day.... :clap: will willingly do it again next year. Heard so many stories from others....with some weird remedies too...some things quite outrageous, but they were all trying to help. :)

I've lived in the general Mandurah area for 20 years and it's grown such a lot since we moved here. But to me it still has that coastal holiday town feel about it. I think the official population is about 80,000 now.

I never want to live anywhere else....well, can't afford to really, but we do like it here. I love South Australia, was born in Mt. Gambier, but the family moved west when I was just 3....so WA is home. I also love Victoria and Tassie, but I'm not one who likes the heat....though Mandurah gets pretty hot, which I just have to put up with. I think we're just lucky to live in a wonderful country like Australia no matter where it is.

Cheers, :rose:
Diagnosed with BC 23rd Dec. 2010. Right mastectomy 31st Jan. 2011. Grade 3. Stage 2. HER2 neg. No cancer found in any other part of the body. Declined chemo.

molly dooker
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby molly dooker » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:16 pm

Hi Phyllis, good on you. I don't get down to Mandurah very often. You looked great. Looks like you enjoyed yourself.
It is lovely down there. Getting big now! I remember travelling through in the 70's and the sign said something like, 'welcome to Mandurah, population of 8,000 (around about)" it would be a bit more now! :)
Chris

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:02 pm

Yeah.....that looks great and you really look the part too in your pink boa!!

Good stuff...love it.

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:36 pm

Well done, the stall looks wonderful. :clap:
Janette

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:34 pm

Phyllis1.JPG
Janette

Phyllis
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby Phyllis » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:59 pm

I had a WONDERFUL day today.....set up at 8.15am and stayed till 4pm....had a numb bum by the end of the day... :D A delightful 84 yr old survivor helped me in the morning....mad as a meat axe she was :pmsl: and in the afternoon my hubby Brian sat with me. It isn't a very busy shopping centre but I've been going there for several years since it opened and I think we did as well as we could. I caught up with several friends and aquaintances that I hadn't seen in awhile. :hugs:

I put out 13 of my little wooden lady plaques, and sold 10... which I was really thrilled about. :clap: One lady was down from the country and she bought several and I've given her my details and if she wants more I'll just send them up to her. Only charging $2 each for them, but of course I'll give the money to the Cancer Council. I don't know how much money we made yet....too tired to count it tonight...but I think we did ok.

Brian took a photo of me at the stall and I've emailed it to jetj so hopefully she'll post it here coz I don't know how to.. :ouch:

I am so pleased I was able to do it today....made me feel quite proud. :D
Diagnosed with BC 23rd Dec. 2010. Right mastectomy 31st Jan. 2011. Grade 3. Stage 2. HER2 neg. No cancer found in any other part of the body. Declined chemo.

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby chrismelb » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:47 pm

That's really groovy Phyllis, thanks for posting that. Good luck with all your other pics too.
Dx 9/03 EBC
5/12 ABC bones-Herceptin,Tamox&Zometa
8/12 Liver mets-Abraxane,Herceptin&Zometa
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva
1/15 Rads to tumour in head
2/16 Whole brain rads lepto. mets, continue TDM1
8/16. Navelbine, Herceptin
1/17 Neratanib Xeloda & Herceptin.

Gail
Forum Legend

Postby Gail » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:06 pm

That's an excellent picture Phillis! :clap: Good luck with your stall.
"You Gotta Laugh!"

Gail

Diagnosed April 2006,Lumpectomy,17 of 25 nodes positive, chemo, radiation. Finished treatment March 07
Diagnosed July 2012 cancer of mediastinal(nodes around lungs and heart)pelvis and spine. Up for the fight!

Phyllis
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby Phyllis » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:38 am

:D Thank you ladies, I'm glad you like it.....I had to get approval from the Cancer Council before I could sell them, so we'll see if anyone is interested. I made that one for a friend I met at the hospital just before we had our mastectomies, then I decided to make one for myself, then the thought struck me, maybe I could sell them for the cause. Pyrography is a little hobby I just took up in August.....I've made about 90 pictures already :clap: Thinking about selling them at a market at the beginning of December just for a bit of fun. I've done everything from nudes to kids cartoons. It's not hard to do....you just trace a picture onto some wood and burn the image into the wood...simple as that basically.

SUE48
Superstar
Superstar

Postby SUE48 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:48 pm

Wow Phyllis, pic looks great, hope you do well tomorrow.
Visited Mandurah a couple of years ago, were there at Easter time when the yellow duck race was on...great place
Regards
Sue
Always face the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:07 pm

Looks great Phyllis, very talented.
Janette

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:04 pm

Phyllis.JPG

Sorry it's side on but it appears the right way up in the file so turning it isn't the answer.
Janette

Phyllis
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby Phyllis » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:37 pm

:D ok, well I'll give it a go...I'm not too good at stuff like this, but we'll see what happens. :)

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:28 pm

Phyllis,
If you would like to email it to me I will upload it for you jetj at this web address bcaus.org.au.
Janette

Phyllis
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby Phyllis » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:41 am

I already have a pic of the torso lady :) but I have no idea how to post it here....I'm not very good with modern technology. Perhaps if you PM me with your email address I could send it to you and maybe you know how to post it here... :clap:

Return to “WA”