Talk about grow your own breasts reconstruction

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
molly dooker
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Talk about grow your own breasts reconstruction

Postby molly dooker » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:05 am

:pmsl: :pmsl: yes MD, same here, fast growing fat cells....wish mine would slow down a bit. :( maybe they are just showing they have what it takes in case I have the other boob done. :wink:
Chris

Marydean
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Re: Talk about grow your own breasts reconstruction

Postby Marydean » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:12 pm

Hey! I have fast-multiplying fat cells...I would be an ideal candidate :pmsl:

Seriously that sounds fascinating. If anyone goes along to the lecture, please give us a rundown afterwards!
Dancing through life, healing every cell in my body.

molly dooker
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Talk about grow your own breasts reconstruction

Postby molly dooker » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:00 pm

If anyone is interested I will quote an article i found in the community newspaper:

"An experimental breast growing technique that could replace breast reconstructions and implants in the future will be the focus of a free lecture on March 15.
The Cancer Council will host the lecture on the trial of the technique, called Neopec, which offers hope to more than 5000 Australian women who lose breasts to cancer each year.
Professor Wayne Morrison, director of the Bernard O'Brien Institute of Microsurgery in Melbourne, who is leading the team undertaking the trial, will present that talk at the State Lecture Theatre at the Alexander Library in Northbridge.
Neopec involves implanting fat cells from a patient's body, which then multiply rapidly and can be shaped into a breast to replace one removed during cancer surgery.
A small human trial is under way to investigate whether the results achieved in animal trials can also be achieved in humans.
Professor Morrison's lecture will also cover the current options for breast reconstruction as well as what he sees as the emerging cost crisis in the Rolls-Royce standard of care for breast reconstruction.
The talk is from 12.30 to 1.15pm. For more information or to RSVP, call the Cancer Council Helpline on 13 11 20."

Sounds intriguing, wish I could go, but we will be away. But if anyone goes, I would love to know about it. It doesn't apply to me anyway, because I have already had my recon, but sounds interesting.
Chris

Return to “WA”