Any Tasmanian girls out there?

mdobson70
Enlightened one
Enlightened one
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Any Tasmanian girls out there?

Postby mdobson70 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:41 am

That is soo good that you are pregnant congratulations to you. I have a 23mth old and 4yr old and also a 15yr old so that keeps me very busy.
Is this your first baby??
I have Dr DFi. he normally sees private patients but he takes on a few public patients as well. So I am one of his public patients and will be going to the Royal for my Mastectomy. I found all the staff there so lovely when I went for my Lumpectomy it is good when you get nice people treating you it just makes things alot easier. And the plastic surgeon for my recon is Dr CD she is new to the Royal. She has just moved over from England and has also worked in Sweden. She seems really nice and Dr F says she is good at what she does so fingers crossed she is.
I have no family in Tassie as we just moved here just under 12mths ago from WA.
I am taking a trip back to WA on Friday for a week just before I have my op in January.
So it will be nice to see all my friends and family.
Dx Nov 2010 extensive DCIS, Dec 2010 Lumpectomy (no clear marg), Jan 2011 SNB (nodes neg) RB Mast
Grade 2 IDC ER+PR+ HER2-, Tamoxifen 5yrs

Urthgirl
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Urthgirl » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:14 am

Hi Michelle,
yes I know that road well too. Also know Burnie pretty well as I was living in Wynyard when I got diagnosed. Our property sold not long after so we moved down here in the Huon Valley (south of Hobart) to be closer to family, worked out well as I was close to the Royal for all of my treatment. Cant imagine having to travel that long haul from up there to down here for all of your treatment. how annoying for you.
Shame you dont have family down this way and stay during your treatment.
Do you know who is doing your surgery in Hobart yet? I had Dr Self she is awesome, very happy with her.
Hope everything is going well for you in regards to everything, cant believe its been a year already since I finished my chemo and started radiotherapy. Im currently 28 weeks pregnant how crazy is that :v_happy: who wouldve thought that could happen so soon after ay, cant wait to meet my new lil bub in March next year.

Take care
Bronny

mdobson70
Enlightened one
Enlightened one

Postby mdobson70 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:40 am

I see you are in Hobart....that is where I have to go for my surgeries in January. Know the road from Burnie to Hobart like the back of my hand now I have been there so many times.
The facilities here are not that great and if I was having radiation I would still have to travel to Launceston to have it which is so bad.
Burnie hospital is in much need of better facilities for Breast Cancer Patients

Michelle
Dx Nov 2010 extensive DCIS, Dec 2010 Lumpectomy (no clear marg), Jan 2011 SNB (nodes neg) RB Mast

Urthgirl
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby Urthgirl » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:49 pm

im taswegian :D

mdobson70
Enlightened one
Enlightened one

Postby mdobson70 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:15 pm

I know this original post is a little old...I have noticed that there are not many Tassie Girls on here. I am in Burnie and travelling to Hobart for my doc appts and Surgeries

Michelle

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:18 am

Hi Suzf

We have quite a few Tasmanians here but they are a little quiet at the moment (except me...lol).

Now living in Melb. I have close family living in Tassie so keep up with whats going on down there.

Good luck with your rads and keep in touch. There is a lot of info on here to help you through your treatment.

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

Suzf

Postby Suzf » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:51 pm

Hi Tassie Girls,
I've joined and would like to post - started radiotherapy last week after WLE and DCIS.
Suzf

Ms M
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby Ms M » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:01 pm

Oh goodo Bron!!! how exciting!!!! :v_happy:

hhhmmm where to start!!!..i have a good friend who will hopefully help me out, she works in the chairty event organising and i know someone from the Cancer Council who might be interested in helping out too!!

oh i agree about the cold!!! i have the heat pumps on day and night!!
Good friends are like stars.........You don't always see them, but you know they are always there' 'Remember yesterday, dream about tomorrow, but live for today!'

[size=85]Diagnosed Feb 2010, Stage 1, Grade 2, 11mm, ER postive, no lymph nodes involved, lumpectomy, no family history of breast cancer. Did 3mths of chemo, 6 wks of Rads, have recently started Tamoxifen!

Urthgirl
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby Urthgirl » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:00 pm

Count me in too Marija! :v_happy:

Urthgirl
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby Urthgirl » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:58 pm

Helllooooooooooooooooooooo

Im a Tassie chick too. I agree sooooo cold at the moment! I am practically sitting on top of the heater tonight brrrrrrrrr

Bron.xo

Ms M
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby Ms M » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:59 pm

I'm hoping they are around!! the cold is definitely starting to settle in!!! can be a challenge to keep a bald head warm!! :v_happy:

i'm sussing out the Mini Fields of Women on the BCNA website to be held in October! I may need some help organising this, hoping some of the Tassie girls will get interested with me! happy to do the ground work!
Good friends are like stars.........You don't always see them, but you know they are always there' 'Remember yesterday, dream about tomorrow, but live for today!'

[size=85]Diagnosed Feb 2010, Stage 1, Grade 2, 11mm, ER postive, no lymph nodes involved, lumpectomy, no family history of breast cancer. Did 3mths of chemo, 6 wks of Rads, have recently started Tamoxifen!

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:54 pm

Where are all the Tassie chatters?? Must be cold down there right now.

My sister lives mainly on Bruny Island (overlooking Adventure Bay.....ammmmazing!) I an originally from New Norfolk.

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

Boobie prize
Wise one
Wise one

Postby Boobie prize » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:47 am

Hi Ladies!!
Glad there is a few of us on here, thought I was alone!! :D
I must be the right size and shape to fit thru cracks as my oncologist left the state and I was forgotten for 9 months!!
Holman Clinic finally rang me and asked about my treatment plan and I said "what plan? My surgeon didn't want to see me for 12 months!"
"are you on any treatments?" "Well yes Tamoxifen for the next 3.5 years"
"oh" lady replied "Well that needs monitoring!!"
Am I suposed to be my own doctor?!? :ouch:
And then Locum Oncologist said that there is no 'special' dose of tamoxifen unless you are actively having chemo and there is no test to let me know if I'm on the right dose. (I'm having a tough time with 'fake' menopause, maybe I am on too high a dose?) Just that in the large scale trials this standard dose works for most of the women in lessening the incidence of it returning. EVEN headache tablets have different doses!!!!!! :grr: How does he know I have Mutated Genes? I wore trousers to the appointment!
Okay angryness over :clap:
What do you get if you cross a GPS with PMS?
A Crazy b%#ch!!!! that can hunt you down!!!!
:gappygrin:
Love and Light to us all!!!
Positive isn't always a good thing! a Bright-Star shines on me and mine :-)

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:09 pm

I am originally from Tasmania. There are a few on the forum from Tassie but unfortunately they don't post much.

My sister and lots of other relos still live there.

Hope to see YOU posting lots!

jezza

Ms M
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby Ms M » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:53 am

Are we Tassie girls rare?!? - i live in Old Beach!

Return to “Tas”