For Royal Adelaide Hospital Cancer Centre Patients

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
kerri
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

For Royal Adelaide Hospital Cancer Centre Patients

Postby kerri » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:28 am

I had my session with my psychologist at the RAH cancer centre today.

The centre will be running a 10 week program called "The B-Smart, Surviving Cancer Program".
It's a Stress Management and Relaxation program for people wanting strategies on adjusting to life after cancer.

The program was developed in the US initially for BC patients with great success. Now the program is offered to prostate cancer and HIV patients in the US.
Flinders Medical Centre ran the program twice earlier this year, and it was very popular and successful there too.

This will be the 1st time RAH is doing the program, so they are only offering it to patients of the RAH at this time to see how well it goes.
If it's successful there they will open it up to non RAH patients in the future.

They hope to get it up and running later this year, but if they don't get enough numbers, they will do the program early in the new year.
Oh, and it's Free.

For those of you who would be interested and want more information you can contact Dr. Melissa Oxlad at the RAH Cancer Centre on 8222 5626 Mon. - Wed., or leave a message on that number or 8222 2922.

I have a copy of the program and it looks really good.

But again, they're offering to RAH cancer patients only at this time.

Return to “SA”