lymphodema

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Clairesy
Wise one
Wise one
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: lymphodema

Postby Clairesy » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:58 pm

Thank you Marydean. It would be so easy if one had a longer arm to be able to reach to the back eh!!!
I do self massage of arm which keeps it in control. Am looking forward to physio massage always feel great afterwards. Haven't heard of any laser treatment. Happy New Year!,

Marydean
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Marydean » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:15 pm

And if you can find a place that does the laser treatment, that is magic too. Good luck with it.
Dancing through life, healing every cell in my body.

Marydean
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Marydean » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:14 pm

Yes, I get fluid building up under my axilla and across my back too. It tends to build up over a few weeks but it clears fairly quickly with massage (pity I can't reach to do it myself). I also get a very mild amount of lymphodema on my arm, which is worse when my back/side is backed up with fluid, so I see a lymphodema physio once in a while to get it all clear again, then maintain my arm/side/top of chest with self-massage. I also took my hubby in one day and the physio taught him the strokes so I get him to massage my back too (not as good as the physio but a great preventative anyway). The whole lymphatic system is connected, so if you can get on top of your back/side that will help keep your arm clear too.
Dancing through life, healing every cell in my body.

Clairesy
Wise one
Wise one

Postby Clairesy » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:08 am

Hi every who has replied to me i much appreciate your advice. I have been treated for lymphodema before in the arm which is great now. still have a larger breast and this bit of fluid at side and towards back. I have made an appointment to see lymph physio on 13 January will let you know what she has to say. Cheers

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:56 am

Have you been treated for lymphoedema in the past?

Is it a recent development or have you had it for some time? Its a difficult time of the year to get appointments I know but I think you should go to your GP and take it from there. They will advise you on your next step. You will feel better after getting some professional advice. Is is very painful?

Let us know how you get on.

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:32 pm

Hi Clairesy,
Welcome to the forum.

A friend who had a lumpectomy a couple of years ago was going to the clinic a few weeks ago with a build up of fluid (seroma) in the breast. I would certainly have it seen to and drained if need be. If it is Lymphaedema then best to have it treated.
Janette

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:27 pm

hmmm then I don't know but it doesn't sound good. I had a post surgical seroma and I dont have lymphoedema so cant help but I think anything weird and abnormal should e seen to. Can you call the Breast Cancer centre at the hospital and speak to a breast care nurse - they can advise you properly.
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

Clairesy
Wise one
Wise one

Postby Clairesy » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:17 pm

i had lumptecomy and axillary nodes removed 2yrs 9 mths ago

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:49 pm

have you had recent surgery - if so it could be a seroma which will require drainage. If its not post surgical it will need to e seen to and you shouldnt delay having it seen to.
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

Clairesy
Wise one
Wise one

lymphodema

Postby Clairesy » Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:44 pm

does anyone have a build up of fluid at side of breast and towards the back.. is there any easy way to reduce this

Return to “QLD”