Harnessing Hope, Overcoming Hurdles (for women with secondary bc) - Sydney 3/3/08

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Janine
Founding Member
Founding Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Janine » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:05 pm

[information from
Kirsten Pilatti
National Communications and Marketing Manager
Breast Cancer Network Australia
www.bcna.org.au
]

The launch of Hope & Hurdles in Sydney this coming Monday (3rd March) has attracted some great national media opportunities for us.

Tomorrow (Thursday 28th Feb) Lyn Swinburne and BCNA member Susan Crawshaw will talk about secondary breast cancer and the Hope & Hurdles Pack on Channel Ten’s 9am with David & Kim.

Monday 3rd March, the Mornings with Kerri-Ann program will do a segment on living with secondary cancers. Lyn Swinburne and Ann Town will talk about how women with breast cancer get through their journey.

If you are in Sydney, 2GB’s Alan Jones will be interviewing Raelene Boyle on Friday 28th February, Morning Show, the benefits of providing a resource such as the Hope & Hurdles to women living with secondary breast cancer.

We are also expecting some newspaper coverage in the next week as well, so keep an eye out.

Every single day 32 Australian women are told they have breast cancer.

You can help to ensure these women have access to BCNA's My Journey Kit - a free resource for women newly diagnosed with breast cancer - by promoting the My Journey Kit in your work place. Posters and pamphlets are available by calling 1800 500 258.
Janine

Linda M
Your Maj
Your Maj

Hope n Hurdles launch

Postby Linda M » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:37 pm

Hi Susan

I have met with Trish and there will be badges given out to wear on the day.

I will organise some pink stickers to go on the badge for those of us who want to wear them to denote we are members of the forum

Cheers
Linda

Linda M
Your Maj
Your Maj

Name Badges

Postby Linda M » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:09 pm

Susan

I am meeting with Trish the organiser of launch tomorrow. I will ask about the names badges, if there are badges I might organise a pink sticker of some sort that we can put on our badges to show we are forum members.

Will post tomorrow evening after I have spoken with Trish

"Make the most of each day"
Cheers
Linda :wave:

Susan Helen Cohen
Guru
Guru

BCNA forum

Postby Susan Helen Cohen » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:54 pm

Might I suggest that those who intend to participate in the forum at Parliament House Sydney on 3 March put "BCAUS" on their name tags (assuming we are given one) so we can identify each other?

Susan H C

Janine
Founding Member
Founding Member

Harnessing Hope, Overcoming Hurdles (for women with secondary bc) - Sydney 3/3/08

Postby Janine » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:45 pm

Harnessing Hope, Overcoming Hurdles
BCNA's forum for women with secondary breast cancer will be held in Sydney on March 3, 2008.
The forum coincides with the national launch of Hope & Hurdles, BCNA’s new pack of information and support options for women living with secondary breast cancer – the first of its kind in Australia.
A number of presentations will include:
• Current and future treatment and support options for women Dr Fran Boyle, medical oncologist
• Strategies for dealing with uncertainty and enhancing wellbeing Stephanie Dowrick, wellbeing advocate
Women with secondary breast cancer are invited to bring along a guest (partner, relative or friend) to attend.
Women with secondaries will also receive a free Hope & Hurdles Pack.

Details
Monday March 3 2008
10.15am to 12.30pm
12.30 to 1.30pm Lunch
A meditation session from 1.30pm to 2.30pm with Stephanie Dowrick is optional

The Parliamentary Theatrette
Parliament House
Macquarie Street
Sydney

Women with secondary breast cancer and one guest (partner, relative or friend) are invited to attend.

Registration
Registration is free. Please contact beacon@bcna.org.au or 1800 500 258 to confirm your place by Wednesday February 27.
Please indicate any special dietary requirements.

Transport
The Parliament building is located in Macquarie Street, closer to Hyde Park than Circular Quay. The nearest train stations are Martin Place and St James. Buses run in Macquarie, Elizabeth and Castlereagh Streets. Car parking is not generally available at Parliament House. Sydney City Council car parks are located at Cook and Phillip Parks (access via Cathedral Street off St Marys Road) and The Domain (access via St Marys Road). A privately operated car park is available at Sydney Hospital next door to Parliament House (access via Hospital Road).
For more information about Hope & Hurdles visit
Janine

Return to “NSW”