Heartsongs in the Key of C

Talk about anything here.
Janine
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby Janine » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:32 pm

Here's some info about it. Over the Fence Press: Kate Carey Productions I think you can actually order from the site too.

There are two books - "Heartsongs in the Key of C" and "Armed with Chocolate Frogs" which is by women with advanced breast cancer. Pia and Josey have both posted about 'Chocolate Frogs' here.

The site lists the women who wrote pieces for the books. You may recognize some of them! :wave:
Janine
1st dx ILC st 3, er+, pr+, her2-, T3, N1 1998. Bone mets 2004. Liver mets 2008. Leptomeningial mets 2009.

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:06 pm

Never heard of it Oz.

Will try to find it.

Thanks

jezza

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:48 pm

Thanks Oz, I will def' have a look.

Its like a book my mum got me when I had young babies. Four mothers openly and honestly
told their stories about their shock, stress, blues etc becoming first time mums. It sure helped
me get through those early days, laughing, crying and relating to it all.

It sounds like this could be very similar for BC sufferers.

Thanks Nav

ozzie
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Heartsongs in the Key of C

Postby ozzie » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:41 pm

Hi all not sure if anyone here has read the book Heartsongs in the Key of C ? it is a fantastic book Ladies from Victoria who had journey with BC told of their stories ..You will laugh , cry and scream with them while you read this book you will also notice stories and say "that is me"
I think it should be read by any lady who is or has travelled with BC ..dont b afraid to read it..
I give it a big thumbs up..

OZ.
Some Days are Diamonds ,Some Days are Stone.

DCIS,IDC,Grade 3 Stage3, ER/PR + HER2- (Aug 96) Bone ,Skin mets, (Dec06) lung mets (May 08)stage 4

Return to “General Discussions”