Sleep - Help!

Talk about anything here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kj
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Kj » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:49 pm

Valerian is a nice natual sleeping tablet also there is a tea you can get called sleepytime tea which is really good I have used that and t works and the great thing is it is natual you can get it at coles in the health food section
Real friends are the ones who love you for being you!!!! (that is soooo important)
from Kim xxxx

Janine
Founding Member
Founding Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Janine » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:52 pm

I guess you've tried relaxation / meditation to calm your mind, so you're not lying there thinking about stuff over and over all night?
Janine

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:44 am

I was prescribed Stilnox when I was having HUGE problems with a family member.Long story but I couldn't sleep for weeks. It worked like a treat...fast working and woke up fresh as a daisy. It got me through.My GP said it worked differently to other sleep meds and thats why you didn't feel groggy.

Yes ..Stilnox...the one that has been getting all the publicity lately with ppl binge eating in the night, doing their housework.phoning ppl at all hours and not remembering anything! It goes under the name of Ambien in the States and lots of the American chat ladies take it.

I googled it Ambien+sleepwalking and got a real fright.

Luckily I don't need it any more. I have an active job and go for long walks and I usually sleep well. I try not to think of anything when I first go to bed otherwise the mind starts racing and won't stop.

Oh and I also have earplugs and a sleeping mask. hubby says its like sleeping with Zorro! I remind him that lots of film stars wear them!

Probably haven't helped but just thought I'd add to the discussion.

jezza

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:42 am

Hi Kelly,
There is nothing worse than not being able to sleep. I was sleep deprived for 7 weeks leading up to my mastectomies.
Once it was over I slept like a log.

I hope you start to get some sleep soon without having to take something.
Best wishes
Janette

Kj
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Kj » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:22 am

I have the same problem I take Restavit its an over the counter sleeping tab . sometimes I only use half I dont take it too late because I feel a bit groggy next day. but i have taken it at 10ish and slept like a babe... just ask your pharmasist they will help you... we need our rest thats for sure..
good luck let us know how you go..
Kim xxxxxxx
Real friends are the ones who love you for being you!!!! (that is soooo important)

from Kim xxxx

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:43 am

Hi Kelly, I had so much trouble going to sleep at night when I was having Chemo' (not during the day)
So I did start on Tamazipan. I also let myself run out and went cold turkey and spend days cursing
myself, I still have trouble falling asleep but once gone I dont wake up.

My brother uses a natural sleeping helper Vanergan (I think spell ???) and it must work as his
girlfriend wont let him take one after midnight as she cant get him off to work in the morning.

Nav

sedgymum
Founding Member
Founding Member

Sleep - Help!

Postby sedgymum » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:07 am

Some day I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far behind me
Where troubles melt like lemondrops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me!

Return to “General Discussions”