Good Things People have Said and Done!

Talk about anything here.
Kj
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Kj » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:24 pm

Ann your my kinda girl that is a fantastic Idea well done
xxx
Real friends are the ones who love you for being you!!!! (that is soooo important)
from Kim xxxx

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:01 pm

Ann, what a absol' fantastic idea!
Last edited by yowyow on Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ann
Founding Member
Founding Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Party Plans

Postby Ann » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:50 pm

I was born to shop and I love all these types of parties. I must confess I've overstepped the mark sometimes though - my credit card takes an occasional beating!
However I turned a party to an advantage a few weeks back. I was asked by a friend to host a handbag and makeup party. I decided to hold it as a fund raiser for Mates on a Mission. I agreed to donate the hostess gifts and prizes to the group for raffles. We ended up with a lovely set of luggage and a pack of body butters to raffle.
It was a lovely friendly and fun afternoon and the raffle will be a great boost to our cancer support group.
Ann
Carpe Diem

Kj
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Kj » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:22 pm

yeah.. any excuse to spend some money lol
prob not good thing ha
Real friends are the ones who love you for being you!!!! (that is soooo important)

from Kim xxxx

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby jezza » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:59 pm

Now thats funny Ally. I don't like those parties either. Don't get me wrong kj-----I love going out with the girls and having a few drinks but at those parties I usually end up buying heaps of stuff I don't really want just to be nice.

At least one good thing came out of your dx then ally

jezza

Kj
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Kj » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:06 pm

from Kim xxxx

outbackgirl
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby outbackgirl » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:33 pm

Kj
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Kj » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:09 pm

from Kim xxxx

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:14 pm

Kj
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Kj » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:55 pm

from Kim xxxx

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:47 pm

Jezza, its amazing how something jolts your brain, being home all day with kids, I recently had a call trying to
sell insurance, being a fairly polite person (I think) I always try the "I'm not interested thankyou", first then go the "I am being polite and I am not interested" recently a life insurance guy from westpac would not give up, and I find it hard to hang up on them as they really are only doing a job. It took for me to say I have Breast Cancer do you still want to
give me life insurance, he said sorry mam and hung up!!!!

poor fella

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:04 pm

Great story yowyow. Knew there had to be good things about getting cancer. A friend of mine got rid of a couple of telly marketers that way. Interupting them and telling them she had just been dx with cancer and didn't feel like discussing finance and new phone deals . Ended the conversation very quickly!!

The list of good things about getting cancer is pretty small but not non existant especially if you have a sense of humour.

Jezza

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:27 pm

I posted this on another site last year but will add it here as I was totally stoked!!!(don't think many would know him /seas)

I went with a girlfriend to a Jon Stevens (noiseworks, Jesus christ superstar and never ending list)
very small intimate show at Doncater Shopping Town Hotel back in November.

I wore my wig as was having a need to feel normal day.

At the start of the concert Jon did a big a big spiel on Movember - prostrate awareness month and
then went on to do one on BC he spoke of Belinda Emmet, and he also lost his mother to BC.

After a few champagnes I urgently felt the need to thank him for raising even more awareness.

At the end of the show I approached his many "nannies" in black suits and told them I needed to
speak with him, you can imagine they treated me like any other obsessed, tipsy thirty something year old fan.

No, I was not going to give in I was on a mission!!!! Ok try a different approach, I took my wig off and asked
again, the "nanny" took off back to his dressing room and within 1 minute Jon came out and introduced himself (like he needed to do that) We talked for about 5 mins about his mum and my treatment and then he ripped a promotional
poster off the wall and wrote a beautiful message. (great bloke)

If we can use this beast to our avantage in ANY way we must.

Went to see Robbie Williams in Decemeber, "bother" no such luck, (acutally didn't try but it did cross my mind LOL)

Janine
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby Janine » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:11 pm

This is getting so sad. I would rather have cancer myself than my child.
Janine

Kj
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Kj » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:57 pm

A friend of my mums her 5 yr old granddaughter has been diagnosed with ovarian cancer. I cant begin to imagine how a 5yr old would get through somethin like that. I often think of her when I'm feeling cr*p. It puts things in perspective things can always be worse.

from Kim xxxx

Return to “General Discussions”