Good Things People have Said and Done!

Talk about anything here.
yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:08 am

Chris, that is inspirational!! Does very quickly change what one thinks is important in life doesn't it.

Makes my BC trip seems like a speed bump or hurdle compared to that (S#$% 3 years of chemo).

Love & hugs to your daughters friend and her daughter!!!

chris
Founding Member
Founding Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby chris » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:21 am

This is comming from far left, you all might like to give a a tought to this.
My daughters friend has a 2 year old girl who has leucemia & is going through 3 years of chemotherapy, YES 3 Years. Sofie calls her chemo grumpy medicine & when she lost her hair she said it (the hair) had gone on a holiday. How positive is that? When she saw me she got the giggles when I had no hair, and wanted to know where my hair went for holidays. How funny is that? If a little 2 year old & her very strong Mum can do chemo without or little complaint so can adults. By the way the Mum is a music therapist who was working with prem babies at the Royal Womens & has had to stop because of her daughters constant treatment. The little girl & her Mum are an inspiration to me & when I feel a bit low I turn my thoughts to them. Thoughtless sports men & commercial TV beat ups deserve no space in my life. Chris

karin
Superstar
Superstar
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby karin » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:47 pm

Kj
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Kj » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:38 pm

Real friends are the ones who love you for being you!!!! (that is soooo important)
from Kim xxxx

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:21 pm

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:37 pm

outbackgirl
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby outbackgirl » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:28 pm

Kj
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Kj » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:53 pm

Real friends are the ones who love you for being you!!!! (that is soooo important)

from Kim xxxx

Janine
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby Janine » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:09 pm

Janine

Kj
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Kj » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:17 pm

from Kim xxxx

sedgymum
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby sedgymum » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:41 pm

Some day I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far behind me
Where troubles melt like lemondrops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me!

outbackgirl
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby outbackgirl » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:23 pm

outbackgirl
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby outbackgirl » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:08 pm

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:18 pm

Hi Jezza, great idea!!! After all my whingeing, in the last few days I guess I forgot about the
great, unconditional caring friends you can make through all this.

Sorry girls, got some of the SIL stuff all off my chest .

My son started kinder 3 months before my dx last year. One of the mums whom I hardly knew
picked up my son one "crappy" 1st week after chemo' mornings to take him to kinder, she saw my
shopping list on the bench and took it, basically I didn't have a chance to say anything as she ran out the
door. 2 Hours later she returned with about $200 worth of groceries and a cooked chicken and salad for
that night.

She now has become one of my closest friends and I am starting to be able to return some favours with
babysitting etc.

Nav

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Good Things People have Said and Done!

Postby jezza » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:33 pm

O.K. We all have stories about people who have said TOTALLY the wrong thing when they find out we have breast cancer. Has anyone any stories about people who have said or done something which has actually helped or made you feel better?

Jezza

Return to “General Discussions”