Good Things People have Said and Done!

Talk about anything here.
Kj
Superstar
Superstar

just passing it on

Postby Kj » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:03 pm

PEOPLE COME INTO YOUR LIFE FOR A REASON

People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime. When you know which one it is, you will know what to do for that person. When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend and they are. They are there for the reason you need them to be. Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end. Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away. Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand. What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done. The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.

Some people come into your life for a SEASON, because your turn has come to share, grow or learn. They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh. They may teach you something you have never done. They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy. Believe it, it is real. But only for a season.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons, things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life. It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

Thank you for being a part of my life,
whether you were a reason, a season or a lifetime.

xxxxxxxx
Real friends are the ones who love you for being you!!!! (that is soooo important)
from Kim xxxx

jayem
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jayem » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:29 pm

bother, can someone get rid of my double post. I would like to blame the Taxol neuropathy but I have just woken up after having been asleep all afternoon and I am still dopey.
Jan

Dx 20 Sept 2006, 2 cm IDC + DCIS, 1/16+ node, ER+, PR+, HER2-, 4 AC, 4 Taxol, 33 rads
CFEM Trial 5 years Arimidex, 5 year SOLE trial Femara
Dx Aug 2016 neuroendocrine cancer in pancreas, mets to liver, abdominal nodes, hip, skull, scalp and breast.

jayem
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jayem » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:26 pm

The kids have been really good. When I first found out about the cancer I discussed it with my senior class (year 12 English) and told them about the treatment. They wanted to know what the effects would be, ie would I go bald. I told them yes and that they had better get used to it because I would not be covering up. They really were awesome. One boy said not to worry, just think of the money I would save on hair products. His mate said yeah but I'd better get some sun block. One day when I was on playground duty and was wearing a hat, my senior class came up to me quite aghast and said what was I doing covering up. I pointed to the sun. They were happy because they thought I had compromised my stance.

I stopped work at the end of last year because I was reacting fairly poorly to the AC and I haven't gone back to teaching this year. I just pop in every now and then to see what everyone is up to. Because I have to go to Sydney for 7 weeks, there was no point in trying to go back after chemo. So the plan is to get well again and start back in term 3. I do miss my classes though.

8-)
Jan

Dx 20 Sept 2006, 2 cm IDC + DCIS, 1/16+ node, ER+, PR+, HER2-, 4 AC, 4 Taxol, 33 rads
CFEM Trial 5 years Arimidex, 5 year SOLE trial Femara
Dx Aug 2016 neuroendocrine cancer in pancreas, mets to liver, abdominal nodes, hip, skull, scalp and breast.

outbackgirl
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby outbackgirl » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:23 pm

Congratulations. Great pic.

What was the reaction from the kids?

Ally

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:55 pm

I agree, you've done us proud. It was enough for me to show my baldness to family yet to stand out proudly
with what your going through in school photo's is fantastic!!

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

GOOD NO HAIR DAY

Postby jezza » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:11 pm

I was about to log off for the night when I.......................................

Just thought Jay deserved a special mention in the Good Things People Have Done thread.

It was a great thing to have a school photo taken with no hair. Very educational for both teachers and pupils.

Well Done...a very Good Thing.

I bet after the initial surprise ppl. didn't really notice.

jezza

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:59 pm

Thanks Jezza, with the initial CT last May, the results were back in a day, but I guess the results are not
such an urgent want for Onc' now, and *urgent* ones should be left for newly dx ppl, doesn't make it easier
waiting though.

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:40 pm

YOWYOW

All the best for a good clear scan tomorrow.

Sending lots of good, positive, clear vibes your way!

jezza

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:09 pm

hi all, just a quick note as I have MIL here and a girlfriend so gota be quick.

Yes I promised and if I get a chance tonight I give ya one, if not
def' tomorrow.

Gettin crazy just thinking about her screwed up head now

Kj
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Kj » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:16 pm

this pc is my social life babe !!!
Real friends are the ones who love you for being you!!!! (that is soooo important)

from Kim xxxx

outbackgirl
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby outbackgirl » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:13 pm

Fast posting kj!!!!!!!!!!

Ally

Kj
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Kj » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:05 pm

I agree we need a SIL story xxx

from Kim xxxx

outbackgirl
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby outbackgirl » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:02 pm

Isn't it about time for one of your sil stories yowyow.

You promised one a week. Maybe we could rename this good things and stupid things people have said and done.

Or maybe your sil could have her own thread!

BTW.............Hoping for good results with your scan.

Waiting is bad.

Fingers Crossed for you

Ally

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:43 am

Ally She has been amazing, its Narine Effe in melb, anyone else here have
her??

outbackgirl
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday