Moving on and just checking in

Talk about anything here.
jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby jezza » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:57 am

Sash..I have just caught up with your news and I am SO thrilled for you..you must feel on top of the world today.

I was thinking about you yesterday..a friend's brother is waiting for news after his endoscopy and I was wondering how you had fared.

Now about that onc!!! God..he virtually TOLD you that the result would be a cancer dx......didn't seem to give you the least bit of reassurance or hope. Grrrrrr......

I like the "dear jezza" bit too...lol.....glad you "came home"!

Congratulations on your two years. Hope the weather is beautiful up your way and you can enjoy a lovely stress-free weekend.

jezza

Sashiko
Hot-shot
Hot-shot
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sashiko » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:37 am

Hi All.

Thank you all for the congrats. And there was I waiting for my family or friends to break out the champers. Did not happen. Not a word have I had.

My only regret about this site, is that I did not know about it for the duration of my year's treatment, or indeed for 6 months following.

Dear Jezza found me in America, on their site and "Brought me home" for which I will be eternally grateful.

How can we make sure that newly diagnosed girls know about the incredible support and help that is here for the asking?

Good luck to all of you and thank you so much for being there for me.

Sashiko
Grateful for every day and determined to make the most of each and every one. Lonely and scared some of the time, as my support is minimal and the out look not that great.!!

Doxiamonev
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Doxiamonev » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:59 pm

Here here Jutta :cheers:
Good to hear you are doing well.
I too, have been "distant" since finishing my treatment and as Jutta said, for a long time have not been in chat. It was lovely to chat to you lovely ladies- I sure missed you all.
Thanks for being there for me, through the laughs and cries :hugs: you will always be in my heart :heart: and words cannot express how thankful I am, there is no way I would have coped if it wasn't for all your support.
To all the newbies- welcome & I hope you find lots of support- we are all here for you, through good times (hope there are many) and through rough times. Chemo sux but it's doable. We do what we have to and live to tell the tale :biggrin: There were many days I said "no more, I can't do this, cried, whinged etc....the list goes on" but I did do it and so can YOU!
The one good thing about BC (hmmmmm, not sure about the choice of words here LOL) is all the lovely people I have met through this forum- and many more to meet next weekend. Thanks bcuas and thanks Nav for introducing me to this forum :hugs:
To all the girls that are going through surgery/treatment, good luck and hope the side effects are minimal- we are in this together :grouphug: you are not alone.
xxxxx
Hugs

Doxia
Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses." Alphonse Karr

Dx 27.12.07,Gr 3, IDC Lt breast 1cm (Prim Ca) & 2.5cm (L/Node)
Bilateral Mastectomy & tissue expanders inserted, Axc. clearance 1/17+, Triple Neg.Tx 4 AC chemo,12 wkly Taxol (28/7/08)2 yrs NED!

Jutta
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby Jutta » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:30 pm

Hi,
I wanna say thank you to everybody here for giving support and just being there through hard times.
Just been in the chat room and yeah I missed you a little bit the last months.
And to all the new dx´ed: Treatment will be over one day and you will get your life back. It will not be the same but it can be better if you want it to be better, just do it, you can (and we do have the best excuse in the world to put our foot down and say "No, I do not want this any longer")
Keep your head up
:wave: jutta

jayem
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jayem » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:29 pm

What a lovely feeling Sashiko. Congrats.
Jan

Dx 20 Sept 2006, 2 cm IDC + DCIS, 1/16+ node, ER+, PR+, HER2-, 4 AC, 4 Taxol, 33 rads
CFEM Trial 5 years Arimidex, 5 year SOLE trial Femara
Dx Aug 2016 neuroendocrine cancer in pancreas, mets to liver, abdominal nodes, hip, skull, scalp and breast.

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:34 pm

Janette

Sashiko
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby Sashiko » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:19 pm

Congratulations to all the girls reaching miles stones. Not only can I celebrate 2 years survival, but I passed my endoscopy yesterday, with flying colours, NO CANCER.

A pity my horrid onc. had to terrify me with the threat of oesophagul cancer, when in fact, heart burn and indigestion is one of the many side effects of AROMASIN, on which he has me!!! Remember chemo too plays havoc with your digestive tract. I hate unnecessary stress.

Good luck to you all others going through the scares.

Sashiko
Grateful for every day and determined to make the most of each and every one. Lonely and scared some of the time, as my support is minimal and the out look not that great.!!

adelaidekat
Been there, done that
Been there, done that

Postby adelaidekat » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:51 pm

Thanks Belinda - yes it's nice to have the leash slightly longer!

The new job is going well. It's busy, and interesting but, most importantly, I don't wake up in the middle of the night worrying about it like I used to with my old job..
Katrina

Dx June 2007, er/pr +, her2 -, 6.5cm tumour left breast, left mastectomy, 4/8 + nodes, chemo 3 x FEC and 3 x Taxotere, Rads 33 (25 + 8 boosters finished Feb 08) & Tamoxifen commenced Jan 08.

Belinda
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Belinda » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:45 am

Oh Kat - so pleased to hear from you - nice that the leash is a bit longer and you have moved to 6-monthly checks - yoohoo!

Would LOVE you to come down to the "farm" sometime. Maybe we can organise a get-together there one day.

I am lad to hear from you and glad you are keeping in touch. Hope the new job is working out well - they need people with your abilities in that sector.

Keeo well...Bxxx :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Belinda
Dx 3 Jan 2007, 4x3x3 cm IDC and 2 other tumours 1.5cm each, 6/19+ nodes, ER-, PR-, HER2+, 4 AC, 12 weekly Taxol + herceptin, 30ish rads, Herceptin finished May 08, currently watching a lung nodule.

adelaidekat
Been there, done that
Been there, done that

Postby adelaidekat » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:48 am

Hair is great thanks GG!!

It would be great to all catch up before the end of the year - I'll be in on that for sure.

Have a great trip xx
Katrina

Dx June 2007, er/pr +, her2 -, 6.5cm tumour left breast, left mastectomy, 4/8 + nodes, chemo 3 x FEC and 3 x Taxotere, Rads 33 (25 + 8 boosters finished Feb 08) & Tamoxifen commenced Jan 08.

gallopinggranny
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby gallopinggranny » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:29 pm

Hi Kat, thanks for popping in and bringing us up to date with you - hope you can manage the tiredness, i know what you mean. I think it does get better even if not completely over. I am hoping we can all meet up before the end of the year - how is your hair coming along? Image
Onward and Upward
GG.

adelaidekat
Been there, done that
Been there, done that

Keeping in touch

Postby adelaidekat » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:22 pm

Hi All, I've been very quiet - but have been keeping in touch by reading the daily digest. My apologies for not contributing. I'm now 15 months since diagnosis. I saw my surgeon today and all was good and he now doesn't want to see me for another 6 months (I had been on 3 monthly visits). Next week I see my Oncologist - not sure yet if that will stay at 3 monthly for now - probably.

I'm doing ok, but just struggling with the tiredness. Working fulltime and by the end of the day, and the end of the week, I'm just exhausted and want to sleep. Am hoping that one day some more energy will return! My job that I started in May has a side benefit of exercise walking to and from public transport each day, but my hips are suffering as a result. I'll keep doing it though!

All of you Adelaide girls, I've been reading about your goings on. LD I hope your test results have come back ok. Kerry, congrats on getting to the 12 month mark. Ruth, Belinda, Sam, Loocy and Jay - good to hear you're all getting along well (albeit with your own individual ups and downs). Ruth, your Professor running the trial you're on is my surgeon who I saw today. Hope he's treating you well! Belinda, sounds like you're loving the country property - love to visit one day! GG - have a great holiday!! Gosh, I'm a bit brain dead - if I forgot someone, please forgive me.

All the rest of you lovely ladies, you inspire me, and I love to read your posts even if I don't contribute much at the moment. Hope the October get together goes really well - unfortunately I won't be there.

:grouphug:
Katrina

gallopinggranny
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby gallopinggranny » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:34 pm

good news Kat, such a relief. i had to wait until i was 3 and a half years clear before going to 12 montly check ups - it is reassuring to stick to at least every six months. i tend to poke and prod a bit more now. good luck in the future. Image
Onward and Upward

GG.

adelaidekat
Been there, done that
Been there, done that

Postby adelaidekat » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:55 pm

Thanks everyone. :grouphug: The new job is going great thanks Jay. The busiest time of year coming up now though.... will see how that goes!
Katrina

jay66
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jay66 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:34 pm

:clap: Great news Katrina, hows your job going. Must be great being back in the swing of things, hope to catch up with you again soon. :hugs:
Life, Live it.

Dx 7/07 DCIS 2cm, IDC 1.8cm, multifocal. Grade 2/3. 0/7 Nodes. Vascular Lymph Invasion. ER/PR- Her2 +++ under reconstrution lat flap, expanders. C cup

Return to “General Discussions”