Living every day!!!!

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:30 pm

Great to hear from you Cyndie, I will go and do a search on facebook

:hugs: :hugs: Sorry about your grandfather and Uncle :hugs:
Nav
every day without laughter is a wasted day !!!!

Cyndie
Enlightened one
Enlightened one

Postby Cyndie » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:27 pm

Hi Jayne,

Best wishes for the recon next year - I will probably be in the same boat as you - my recon looking like May as well.

Thought I'd better post and let everyone know how I was.

Love to all the regulars and newbies on the forum, it was great seeing the posts from the get-together in October.

Life this year has been pretty full-on, have recently become involved in getting a grass roots movement for young adults with cancer up and running in Australia. We are on Facebook i[2]y Australia....

It has been fairly hectic at work, with my boss going on stress leave in August, and won't be back until next year, so our team has been pretty low in morale for a couple of months... but all is now going well.

Felt like I needed a break from all the cancer stuff, my grandfather passed away just recently and my uncle has recently been diagnosed with metastatic melanoma... not much more to be said in regards to that.

Love to you all, especially Janine, Cheryl and LD

Will be checking in on a regular basis now... :wave:
Cyndie
Living every day!!!!

jaybee
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby jaybee » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:55 pm

Jay, great to see that you are following your signature "Life Live it". Congrats on your one year clearance :v_happy:
Best wishes for your reconstruction, it certainly is something to look forward to :wink:
Life beyond breast cancer once you have accepted the new normal is just the best isnt it, you go girl, keep going for gold and thanks for coming back to let us all know how you are getting on, much love to you and yours :hugs:

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:37 pm

Love this thread, so good for newly diagnosed to read too :clap:

Great to hear from you jay & jacey and adelaide kat, nkim posted today too :hugs:
Nav

every day without laughter is a wasted day !!!!

Doxiamonev
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Doxiamonev » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:17 pm

It's great to hear from everyone :biggrin:
Hugs

Doxia
Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses." Alphonse Karr

Dx 27.12.07,Gr 3, IDC Lt breast 1cm (Prim Ca) & 2.5cm (L/Node)
Bilateral Mastectomy & tissue expanders inserted, Axc. clearance 1/17+, Triple Neg.Tx 4 AC chemo,12 wkly Taxol (28/7/08)2 yrs NED!

Ann
Founding Member
Founding Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Ann » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:21 pm

:hi5:
Good to hear from you Jayne. May things continue to go well for you :clap:

Ann

:hugs:
Carpe Diem

jayem
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jayem » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:01 pm

Great to know life is beginning to treat you more kindly now Jayne. Keep on going girl, you are doing fine.
Jan

Dx 20 Sept 2006, 2 cm IDC + DCIS, 1/16+ node, ER+, PR+, HER2-, 4 AC, 4 Taxol, 33 rads
CFEM Trial 5 years Arimidex, 5 year SOLE trial Femara
Dx Aug 2016 neuroendocrine cancer in pancreas, mets to liver, abdominal nodes, hip, skull, scalp and breast.

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:21 pm

Great to hear from you Jayne. I'm very glad you are doing OK. :hugs:
Janette

jay66
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jay66 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:17 pm

Hello everyone old and new to the forum,
It has been a long time since I have posted. I am very sad to see that we have lost friends from this site. Also my love to those who are doing it rough at this time in their life. Lesley and Jennifer you are both in my thoughts, if only I could be a magician.
I thought that I would let you all know that I am getting on well. Have had a 1 year clearance. Getting new boobs in May next year, onc won't touch me yet not until I have finished Herceptin. That won't be until the end of Jan 09. Other then a few aches and pains thanks to chemo I seem to be managing well. I do have menopause symptons that were unbearable, but I have found that Remmifen calms them down to be more aceptable. The hospital agrees with it as it is used for patients with any sort of cancer. It does take 2 months to work but it is worth it, hope this helps anyone who has been thrown onto early menopause.
I have also lost 5 kilos and I am walking my dogs again, boy are they happy. We are building at home and have been very busy. This is good because I find that to do nothing only lets all my fear seep back into me. So great can it be sometimes that you could just cry (not bloody fair is it). My family are all doing great and we all focus mainly on living and having fun.
So to all of you I wish the best of health and to those doing it rough may it become more easier quickly. Just remember that there is a life out there waiting for you, just have to learn how to live it again. Take care all Jayne. xoxoxox :hugs: Image
Life, Live it.

Dx 7/07 DCIS 2cm, IDC 1.8cm, multifocal. Grade 2/3. 0/7 Nodes. Vascular Lymph Invasion. ER/PR- Her2 +++ under reconstrution lat flap, expanders. C cup

kerri

Postby kerri » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:39 pm

Hi to you too Jacey.

Great to hear from you.

It's perfectly ok that you havn't been wanting to check in and needed to get away from the cancer world.
We've all needed that at sometime or another, I know I certainly have anyway.

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip overseas. Good on you for rewarding yourself like that.

Looks like you've been on a voyage of re-discovery and why not.

So pleased to hear you are doing well and hope you will still feel up to catching up with us from time to time.

:clap: :hi5: :wave: :hi5: :clap:

Jacey
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby Jacey » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:35 pm

Hi everyone,

It's been 15 months since my diagnosis and eight months since finishing treatment. I haven't been into the site for awhile, primarily because I wanted to get away from the world of cancer for a while and try and be 'normal', whatever that is.

I've been overseas travelling for 10 weeks post treatment to re- discover myself and reward myself for getting through it all.

I am on a 6 monthly watch now instead of 3. Hair is growing, but slowly and I keep getting it cut because it's difficult to bear through the "in- between" stage. Fatigue is still a little bit of a problem but I just get on with it.

I am on Tamoxifen and my period hasn't come back, but I have made peace with the fact that I may never have children of my own.

All in all, life is good.

I feel a little bad that I haven't posted in awhile, but I guess I was slowly building up to it. Just needed to get away for awhile.

I hope everyone has been well.

Big hugs,
Jacey

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:43 pm

Good to hear from you Jay, I was wondering how you were. :hugs:
Janette

jaybee
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jaybee » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:46 pm

Hi Jay, congrats on finding and appreciating the new, new. Move forward hold your head high and strive for better things :hugs: but please dont forget to pop in once in a while to let us know that you are doing ok. Luv and hugs to you and yours :grouphug:

jay66
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jay66 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:12 pm

Hi all,
Wishing you all the best life can offer, just to let you all know that I now have hair which is curly (b4 it was dead straight) also I am losing weight. Life is up and down but there is more ups then downs which is great. Love you all and send my deepest thoughts to you all. Image
Life, Live it.

Dx 7/07 DCIS 2cm, IDC 1.8cm, multifocal. Grade 2/3. 0/7 Nodes. Vascular Lymph Invasion. ER/PR- Her2 +++ under reconstrution lat flap, expanders. C cup

Return to “General Discussions”