Moving on and just checking in

Talk about anything here.
kerri
Guru
Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Moving on and just checking in

Postby kerri » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:31 am

Hello everyone,

It's been a while since I've been here, 7yrs in fact.
Great to see the forum is still going strong.
I'm 10yrs post bc and still clear :clap:
I have a question, I am wondering which bc surgeons/oncologists are at the RAH & if there's still a Woman's Health Cnt. at the new hospital.
I had Dr. Lisa Rippy, then when she left I was changed to a different onco., but her name escapes me. Who was the head oncologist? They were all in the Women's Health Cnt.
I hope someone will be able to help me.

:daffies1: xx
kerri (^_^)
dxd '07 age 36 with stg 2 grd 2, prog & est+ receptor 3cm. IDC, no node involvement, lumpectomy, rads & Tamox.
Strong family history of bc including my Mum who was dxd 2 months before me.
In 2007 I had a risk reducing oophorectomy and in 2010 had mast. & lat. dorsi recon..

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:36 pm

Hi Katrina. I catch up with your news on fb. There was an article just last week about a possible breakthrough in treating BRCA BC. Scirnce is moving ahead rapidly :clap:

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:56 pm

I hope so Katrina, they are working on that I believe. :hugs:
Janette

adelaidekat
Been there, done that
Been there, done that
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby adelaidekat » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:36 pm

Thanks Janette. Yes, so much progress! That progress gives me hope that if I have passed the gene mutation onto my son & any grandchildren, dealing with it will be a walk in the park for them.
Katrina

Dx June 2007, er/pr +, her2 -, 6.5cm tumour left breast, left mastectomy, 4/8 + nodes, chemo 3 x FEC and 3 x Taxotere, Rads 33 (25 + 8 boosters finished Feb 08) & Tamoxifen commenced Jan 08.

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:49 pm

Hi Katrina,
Welcome back, of course I remember you as I'm sure some others will. A rough trot with bc then Ocular Melanoma and now BRCA2 gene. Flat and Fabulous is fine. Being comfortable in your own skin comes from inside and doesn't matter whether 1, 2 or 0 breasts.

There has been a lot of progress in that 10 years. I hope you remain cancer free. :hugs:
Janette

adelaidekat
Been there, done that
Been there, done that

Postby adelaidekat » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:53 am

Hi all (although it's been so long that most of you probably don't know me). I am just a couple of weeks off 10 years since BC diagnosis. I really haven't been on here much for the last 7 or so years. Three and a half years ago I was diagnosed with ocular melanoma and that sort of took over my online medical chat time for a while. What has brought me back here for a look is that I have just been found to have the BRCA2 gene mutation. Am also waiting on further information about a possible BAP1 gene mutation, which has links to ocular melanoma.

Re BRCA2, the only risk reducing surgical option still open to me is a mastectomy of my remaining breast. I had full hysterectomy (including removal of ovaries) a couple of years ago. Now that I have tested positive to BRCA2 I will definitely get a risk reducing mastectomy. I decided years ago that I had no interest in reconstruction, so I will actually be happier to be totally flat, rather than just on one sided. I am already in a 'flat and fabulous' group on Facebook! Lol

Anyway, I will have a scroll through posts and have a look at what's happening here. Thought I should say 'hi' while I'm here! I should probably update 'My Journey' while I'm here too.
Katrina

Dx June 2007, er/pr +, her2 -, 6.5cm tumour left breast, left mastectomy, 4/8 + nodes, chemo 3 x FEC and 3 x Taxotere, Rads 33 (25 + 8 boosters finished Feb 08) & Tamoxifen commenced Jan 08.

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Mon May 15, 2017 9:03 pm

I'd be happy to start again too if I had a Bill Nighy on my tail!! Seriously, I think its great that you are making the big move and also doing the big release of all the stuff we collect and hang on to. I also have realized the importance of defragging my life and letting go of the possessions I don't need so my daughter doesn't have that task in the future. Its still a work in progress but I have done a lot. I love Forster so I hope it works out for you and it is a place that provides you with peace and contentment.
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

dibs
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby dibs » Mon May 15, 2017 6:59 pm

Thanks Jezza , I thought this was my forever town , family in town, renovated a home , had the business but the town is so small and isolated the actual thought of being here and not being able to drive for whatever reason scares me. I was a collector of anything so I had a lot of stuff, then I lost a friend recently and watching her family disect her life's possessions, it made me think this could be my life. So I have spent two months selling every thing with one more garage sale before I move. I have made over 6k that I can enjoy. all I am taking is my art gear, sewing and pottery tools and very little furniture. Buying only what I need when I know what I am doing .I want to find my meditation rock overlooking the water, now that's airy fairy and not the analytical, plan every thing me. :clap: I can't believe I have gotten to this point of dis-attachment to things. I would like to go back into real estate I found this work suits me and it can pay well. ps family think I have lost it, but they just never got impact BC can have :happydance: also after reducing my "stuff" I realised I didn't want to be the guardian of this stuff/collectables anymore and it's feels so good, very freeing.
dx 04 at 48 -single - left 2cm grade 1 right 1cm grade 3 insitu - sentinal node only + full node clear left side receptor + HER2+ - elected Bi Lat Mast + chemo on arimidex 5yrs - recon expander then silcone implants C cup

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sat May 13, 2017 10:08 pm

Hi Dibs

It is great to hear from you. You were such a big part of the forum some time ago and we always wonder what happens when people disappear but sounds like you are in a good place right now which is exactly what we want to hear!

Another move...wow...that's exciting...and also exhausting. Honestly we have so much "stuff" that every time I think about moving I just look around me and think...no...wouldn't know where to start...lol

Have to do it some day though.

I imagine it will be nice for you to move back to NSW.. Hope it all goes well.

jezza xx
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sat May 13, 2017 3:48 pm

Lovely to hear from you Dibs, Forster area is lovely. Some of the happiest people are living the nomad lifestyle in a bus, caravan or motorhome. You're still a youngster at 61 and an adventure is good for the soul. :hugs:
Janette

dibs
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby dibs » Sat May 13, 2017 10:55 am

Thanks girls .I am going to Forster/Tuncurry area, I need to be back on the coast but the Central Coast is to big now so I will go a little further north.. I will have to rent as the market here is going backwards. That's ok I just know I need to go from here, another new adventure.
I now always think of a line Judy Dench said in the marigolds hotel movie about there is no reason you can not start again as many times as you can and want. :clap:
dx 04 at 48 -single - left 2cm grade 1 right 1cm grade 3 insitu - sentinal node only + full node clear left side receptor + HER2+ - elected Bi Lat Mast + chemo on arimidex 5yrs - recon expander then silcone implants C cup

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby JudyB » Fri May 12, 2017 9:13 pm

Hi Dibs, nice to see you hear and even nicer to hear that things are going well for you. Good luck with your move to NSW, nothing like a new start regardless of how old you are.
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Fri May 12, 2017 1:37 pm

great to hear from you Dibs - if its Syd let us know - we have a small group and do the odd lunch now and then.
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

dibs
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby dibs » Fri May 12, 2017 11:03 am

So many names still on the forum from 10 yr ago makes me so happy :hugs: , I have been hiding in Qld for 10years and the reason I thought I need to move here has not arose (thankfully) so I am moving back to NSW and starting again at 61 yeah :v_happy: whenever I come back to this forum I tear up - it like seeing a very dear friend you lost contact with - they know a side of you nobody else understands :heart:

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:43 pm

Mel, really glad to hear all is well and the baby is 6 months old already. Understand why you would be so busy. Keep well and thanks for dropping in. :hugs:
Janette

Return to “General Discussions”