I really need a chat

Talk about anything here.
Kj
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Kj » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:00 pm

ok 3rd one down yeah!!!!!!! i just got message nav so you will see rick again before i do sorry babe.. he is a lovely man.
I really thought id keep breezing through but im really teary today even though i had a special visit today. thnks karin it was great.
i went to the movies after chemo and saw dejavu it was awesome a really good movie .. but now im home and zapped i felt so good yestrday but now blah ..
sorry i know whinging i just want it over.. well now im fin sorry just needed to vent.
kim
Real friends are the ones who love you for being you!!!! (that is soooo important)
from Kim xxxx

karin
Superstar
Superstar

Postby karin » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:32 pm

dear Nav
had my second treatment of radiotherapy and all seems to be going well,
it does'nt take long at all, its more just the driving up and down.
I'm having my radio at western private but had my chemo at western public.
till later
karin

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:19 am

Ann, thanks for your support!! Yeah you wouldn't wish BC on your worst
enemy, but your right about Karma, Hopefully for my brothers and nephew's
sake its not tooo serious! (just a little bit LOL).

Nav

Ann
Founding Member
Founding Member

Rellos

Postby Ann » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:52 am

Hi Nav,
How true is the old saying "You can pick your friends but you can't pick your relatives"!! I was shocked enough about the coffin comment, but was prepared to think it was an attempt at black humour because she didn't know what to say to you. After the comment re breast feeding, I've now decided that she must be a total b%#ch!!!!!
You don't need to waste any of your time and effort worrying about her. It's sounds as though your own family are lovely and you are coping well with it all.
I wish you all the best and hope everything turns out OK.
Another old saying that your sister-in-law should take on board: "What goes around, comes around!"
Ann
Carpe Diem

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:05 pm

Jezza, You sound like such a level headed person. I understand that most ppl would be in total shock when hearing about a dx, Sh#% what would you say to someone straight up?? But a one off okay I would let that go, but she may need crutches by now or at least hopping around on one leg, as the other one is firmly shoved in that nasty gob!!
Appreciate you trying to put reason to it.

Kim, Please say hello to Rick for me. (He will know me as Navaara) Yes he is a fantastic Onc, I should be seeing him in a few weeks for F/up on CT scans I am having 19th Feb'. I see him at Freemasons in east Melb'. He comes across as a very caring person.

ok I've had my moment tonight and am sounding the alarm on my pity party!! guess its good to vent sometimes with ppl who understand.

Thanks Nav xx

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:22 pm

These comments are unbelievable. When I was dx some friends just stayed away. Many, many others called by with food etc. for family. OK Question. What DO you say to ppl who have been dx with bc?????????

Each case is just so different as WE all know. I find I don't really know what to say and I feel I should. Sometimes you can't really blame ppl for blurting out the wrong thing although your relo. yowyow should get the platinum prize for "Foot In Mouth". Maybe she regretted it later and went home and said " I can't believe what I said tonight." ...........No?? I didn't think you would buy that!!

I have just stuck with food. When you have a family and are just dx the last thing you want to do is cook!!!!!!

Jezza

Kj
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Kj » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:31 pm

thats ok its allowed to be you you you .. i sometimes feel like a sook I'm actually lucky incomparison to alot of others I got mine early and got to keep my breast although its smaller and mangled I still have a cleavage and they got it all even though it had spread to my lymph nodes I also am her+ so after reading some of the other journeys .
Sometimes we just have to let people go i have let friends go one who back stabbed then when she found out about my bc she wanted to send me flowers and a card one of my other friends told her not to bother I was relived now she knows to leave me alone i dont need her or anyone like her in my life.. its not that easy with family though it's sad is she jealous of you ??

yes I know Rick he is my Onc he is fab I'll see him tomorrow he always pops in to say hi
Kim
Real friends are the ones who love you for being you!!!! (that is soooo important)

from Kim xxxx

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:56 pm

Kim, sorry I was just all ME, Me Me, in that last one. You are so right, each one down is one less to go. Hope you travel through this one ok.

Western general, Do you know Rick De Boer - Onc at Freemasons and at Footscray.

Karin, How did you go today? Okay I hope!!!

Nav xxx

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:51 pm

Cheryl and Kim, I actually now think she is a total b%#ch!!!!!!! ( I will give you another story in the next few days as they did just kept coming) i dont believe you can put your foot in your mouth every day .
I think shes the sort of person that needs confrontation in her life, so as hard as it was and still bloody is
I wont give her the satisfaction of sucking me in. .

Lucky I havn't seen her in 5 months! (sorry too easy- no points for guessing why)
I didn't have the energy to put up with that cr*p during chemo' too many sleepless nights trying to
work out what to do or say, it just wasn't worth it.

I will be the "bigger person" through all this. I will be cordial when I end up running into her (for my mum and my kids sake - as there also is a cousin involved)

Sorry I am getting a bit emotional now as in the hardest year of my life arn't you meant to be able to fall on your
family, my brother takes her word for fact and I have learnt so different!

Sorry again but I will throw another comment in. As I was dx on a friday my wonderful GP had already made app't with surgeon before I got the news. My app't was on the monday at 10.20, my lovely SIL rang me at 9.45 and proceeded to tell me " that as I hadn't breast feed long enough, I sure havn't done myself any favours there." Hmmmm yep all my fault.

Going to put my beautiful boys in bed now, I will try and get back on later.

Nav xxx

Kj
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Kj » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:04 pm

wat a horrible thing to say does she have a warped sense of humour or is she just a b%#ch!!!!. I found that time the most stressful because we had no idea of the extent the bc i would've lost it I think ....

I'm having my treatment at western private .. not quite 1/2 way but hey its one more down gotta keep those positive thoughts..

from Kim xxxx

cheryl
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby cheryl » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:03 pm

Nav
was she for real. surely nobody could be that unfeeling, even if they don't think before they talk.

I too cannot respond on the spot, I always think of good answers a few hours later.
Cheryl

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:58 pm

Hi all,

Karin, hope all went ok for you today.

kim, thinking of you tomorrow, yeah its blahh hey!! Is that 1/2 way?

Vicky, how is your hair going now?

Saw your all from melbourne, where are you having treatment??

Ok, I give you a sister in-law story,

I will give you one each week..(some may take that long to digest)

I was diag' on my 36th birthday at about 2.30 on a Friday. We were heading out for dinner for my birthday (Yeah felt like celebrating)

We arrived at the resturant and parked next to another girlfriend, she had a huge box in her car and I had already seen it was a dryer. (I knew she had got it that day for herself) Thought I would make the joke, oh goodness honey thats such a big big box , you didn't have to do that for me, etc etc you know what I'm saying.

Anyway my sister in-law had to comment and it was "darling thats not a box its your coffin". it was infront of a few of us, I think back now with so many answers to that but at the time I was speechless.

I had only had my results for 4 hours, and had a core biopsy so didn't know at that stage, re nodes, tumor size,poss mets. Had no idea!!!!!

ok, what do you think??????

Nav xxx

Kj
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Kj » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:30 pm

hi Karin how did you go today hope all went well Ive been thinking of you :hugs: I have my 3rd chemo tomorrow blah bak to feeling like sh%#t oh well..
i hope you all had great weekends cant wait to hear your stories Nav.
Quick question how did you girls go with your wigs mine is making my head sore and it itches like crazy. I still have some hair left but i assume it will fall out this week ..
hi and welcome Vicky and congrats on fin chemo :clap:

kim

I want my hair back :crybaby:

from Kim xxxx

Ann
Founding Member
Founding Member

Radiotherapy

Postby Ann » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:28 am

Hi Karin,
Good luck with radiotherapy. It will definitely be much easier than chemo. Just be kind to yourself as it can make you very tired, and look after your skin as you will get some "sunburn". You'll find the staff really helpful and kind.
Ann
Carpe Diem

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:51 pm

Yeah Karin, The "poping on the wig" bit saves so much time.

I still used to plan my 1 hour to get ready if we were going out. You know, - Hair, make up etc, and forget that there was no "down time" for the hair styling. I could nearly walk out the door before my husband. (NEARLY)

The other thing thats good is not need 2 towels after showering. (the bald head drip drys)

Return to “General Discussions”