I really need a chat

Talk about anything here.
karin
Superstar
Superstar

Postby karin » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:35 pm

hi Nav
thanks for your reply, sounds quite interesting!
I really can't tell what my hair is doing yest ( besides growing that is )
I can't wait to use products on my hair again , thats if they have'nt gone out of date yet!!!
but then again its been easy when it comes to styling, just pop on a wig,
oh well , by this time next year I'II probably be complaining what to do with my hair.
karin

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:18 pm

Hi Karin, we must have been posting at the same time, Yeah I think it will be the same hopefully, my hair is naturally blonde and it started growing back much darker (I was devisated) but now its had some sun its lightening up.

Whats funny is that it is really thick on top, its not long enough to tell yet but may have a bit of a wave (been using a bit of product lately -- Yeaaaaaa) and it sorta kinks a bit. But on the sides and back its dead straight, So I'm guessing if it doesn't sort itself out I really could look very strange with thick waves on top and straight fine sides.

But I sure am not going to winge about it, just to be able to leave the house without a scarf/wig is fantastic, no matter what it looks like..

I now get so excited when i wake up with bed hair and have to wet it!!!!!

Nav xxxx

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:11 pm

Hi Vicky, I have also finished chemo (oct 06) and am now heading out topless with my 1" hair. Hmmm scary

Hi Kim, glad you could enjoy a wine, I sure did last night and have had a very fuzzy head today
(got a great story from my night out and will post it tomorrow)

Janine, re my boys and my hair, you know if I can think of one pleasant thing about chemo and BC - that was it!!!
Oh yeah and how it sooooooo changed the priorities in my life. I now surround myself with people I want to be with, not who I thought I should be with. - I have a very TOXIC sister in law, but thats another story too, you all will love it!!

off to snore girls, talk and post some stories tomorrow,

love Nav xxxx

karin
Superstar
Superstar

Postby karin » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:07 pm

hey girls

starting my radiotherapy tomorrow, a bit uncertain but I'm sure it will be easier than chemo!
I'm now four weeks post chemo and my hair is slowly starting to grow back,
question for Nav, has your hair grown back the same?
I am really hoping I get curls like kyle Minogue had :wink:
till later
karin xxx

helensdaughter
Guru
Guru

Postby helensdaughter » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:53 pm

Hi girls

I guess I am new to this sight. I've been on before but AGES ago. I am 4 weeks post chemo and I just wanted to let you girls that are going through chemo to know it does END and like someone else said the feeling when it does is unreal. :clap:

I had six rounds of TEC and a double mas with expanders, I am getting my new boobies in March (and I'm having my ovaries out also) I was ER+ and HER-. I am just now beginning to feel good again - I suppose I still have bad days but the majority are good. Chemo wasn't 'too' bad although it was bad - I just couldn't handle the chemo feeling - lethargic and tired no energy.... I only vomitted with my first chemo which was by the far the worst, I also got some type of stomach infection and couldn't even walk - anyway the last five were much better and now its all over. YAY :bounce:

Anyway I will look forward to reading more.

hugs
Vicky

Janine
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby Janine » Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:38 pm

Sounds like you had good fun last night, Kim. I had a couple of drinks to you too! :glug:

Glad to hear you're helping to spread the word about the forum. Roll up noobs!

Yowyow - I love your hair story. Isn't it amazing how in amongst all the yukky stuff there are these very precious moments! (and some funny ones too)
Janine
1st dx ILC st 3, er+, pr+, her2-, T3, N1 1998. Bone mets 2004. Liver mets 2008. Leptomeningial mets 2009.

Kj
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Kj » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:46 pm

hey girls having a great night see its not all that bad !!! my besties are over and having a few wines its great !! they feeling guilty cause they smoke and im gving them heaps of sh%#t and that includes my hubby so feral ewww i think they wil quit soon though mmm shock factor...
this forum is so great ive been askeed by mt onc and bc nurse for the site so im sure there will be some newbies soon im sure and it will help them like it has me i hope no im sure
love ya :hugs:
Real friends are the ones who love you for being you!!!! (that is soooo important)
from Kim xxxx

Kj
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Kj » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:36 pm

that is fantastic what a great story my 3 yr old gave me a head massage over the bath and said look its raining hair which was fun... I think you are very brave letting to boys at your hair with scissors but wat an amazing memory to have with them so special and it will be a memory that will stick in their heads. I would love to be drinking champagne it tastes funny IM DEVASTATED!!!! it goes flat too must be the chemicals in my system .. feeling good tonight though and some friends are coming over so might give it another go mmmmm......
I hope you are having a great weekend
:drunktogether:
I plan too....!!!!
cause tuesday its downhill again...

chat soon
Kim xxx
Real friends are the ones who love you for being you!!!! (that is soooo important)

from Kim xxxx

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:23 pm

Jezza, It was memorable. Everyone asks me if I had photos or video of them cutting my hair, I don't and don't regret it as it was something that is a beautiful memory in this unfair journey and it was just for me and my boys.

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:31 pm

Hey yowyow.....great story...bet your kids will never forget cutting your hair.

I think thats a great way to handle the hair situation with kids..and they had fun as well. You must be a brave person sitting there with two kids both armed with scissors.

And champagne to finish off a memorable day!

Jezza

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:39 am

Hi Again, kim, when my hair started to fall out my boys were getting abit strange about it.

I was so sick of cleaning up EVERWHERE, I mean when you are picking it out of your coffee and your kids kinder lunches something had to be done.
Thought a good way to get them involved was to let them cut it. It was a sh%#@ty melb' winter day and they were fighting like crazy. I gave them both a pair of scissors (obviously explained they would never eva eva be able to do this again)
Instructions were - make sure the sharp points always pointed at the roof, well I got a few jabs but no broken skin.
It took them at least half an hour and I dont have to explain how stupid I looked.

My girlfriend come over that night and shaved it, we had great fun doing mohawks etc whilst drinking a bottle of moet champagne. When the boys woke up in the morning and I had a beanie on there were no questions as they knew already they had cut it.

Scary but it was all fun.

Nav

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:29 am

Hi Kim, thanks for the welcome. Yes I am still celebrating finishing chemo' that was back in Oct.(thats my excuse anyway) sorry I missed your reply last night, I was snoring. (Shhhh had a couple of champagnes)

Wow, My boys are 5 & 6, close to yours.

I don't have to have radiation as I chose to have dbl mast'.
Also as not having radiation I was able to have immediate silicon implants.

Looking forward to chatting to you and others.

If I don't catch up her over the weekend, have a great one!!

Nav

Kj
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Kj » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:16 am

hi Nav and welcome congrats on finishing your chemo it must be great I cant wait !!! I feel a bit silly being so paranoid and self consious .. My kids haven t really seen me without my scarves wig or hats my 6 yr old likes my shaggy(wig) the best I think cause it looks more like me then.. i have 2 boys 4 and 6 and I didnt think it would bother them much but it does .. I assume ill get used to it but i dunno lol it hasnt all fallen out yet there is a bit left it was so thick it went everywhere yuk my 4 yr old said it was raining hair had to laugh at that.. so where are you up to now did you have radiation therapy?? take care heres to a great 2007 for you and your family :hugs:

from Kim xxxx

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:12 pm

hi girls, I am new here but am 4 months post chemo' and am now going wig/topless feels very strange as I only have about 1" and about 1/2" fringe.

When we first shaved my head I wouldn't even sleep without a beanie, I was just so self consious, I wouldn't let anyone touch it and my kids (4 & 5) wouldn't let me leave home without my "spare hair" .

By about 4-5th tmt I started to relax at home and I started to go bald a bit as it was starting to get warm, my kids kept reminding me to put the hair or hat on. Then after a while they just got used to it and so did I.(still wouldn't go out without at least a scarf and big long groovy earings when I left the house though.

I now where you are all at right now and its soooooooooooooo hard.

But it wont take too long and it will be back.

I started chemo in June'06 - finished in Oct'06 and was wig/scarfless at xmas.

Its not that long and its def' worth it.!!

Luv nav xxxx

Kj
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Kj » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:21 pm

hey girls I hope everyone is doing ok Just wanted to say i'm on the up and all things are good im getting used to the hair thing or lack of it i brought some funky hats to go over my wig i still cant get used to the idea of it uncovered though even at home even at night did anyone else feel like this?
HUGS to all :hugs:
love kim xxxx

from Kim xxxx

Return to “General Discussions”