Cancer sucks

Talk about anything here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Cancer sucks

Postby The new girl » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:12 pm

:wave: hi Chris I haven’t been on the forum for a while,sorry to hear about your Bil hope your hubby is coping ok.
Cancer sucks BIG time,there seems to be no escaping it. :hugs: Rosa

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:59 pm

Chris,
I'm sorry to hear your BIL passed away so quickly but hopefully a blessing he is at peace. :hugs:
Janette

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:48 pm

condolences to you and family Chris - difficult time for you all.
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:47 pm

Sorry to read this Chris, even when expected it is such a blow. Tough time for Pete...with the long journey on top of all that's happened and what's ahead before he heads home. Must be hard not being with him too. I agree, so many sad things at the moment. Hope you're doing ok. Comgrats on the job promotion btw. Good to hear....hope it's enjoyable and not too much extra stress.

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:54 am

Pete’s brother passed away this morning with his family around him, including Pete. Much quicker than they expected which is a blessing for Keith. Such a cruel, undignified way to go.

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:31 am

Chris and Janette,
hope you are both ok. I agree with you - seems to be everywhere. Chris sorry to hear of your BIL - I think we are fortunate to have the treatment we do here compared to others - especially US.
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:06 pm

Chris, I don't know whether it is an age related or a sign of the times but I also feel surrounded by so many people with ca diagnosis'. I'm so sad about what Judy went through, and never a complaint. Also other forum members doing it tough as well.

I'm so sorry you're family is going through such a devastating diagnosis' as well. It sucks. :hugs:
Janette

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Cancer sucks

Postby schoolteacher » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:26 pm

I feel surrounded by this disease at the moment. Losing Judy after a long battle.
My husband is in the UK because his brother is dying from small cell lung cancer that has spread to his brain. 5tumours and really I’ll before any medics were aware. They can’t do anything for him now he’s been told.
Our brother in law has had cardiomyopathy for many years but now prostate cancer has spread to his groin. (Lymph nodes I assume) they were told glands.
The care and information they have received seems inferior to my eyes. The family don’t really understand and seem to sit around and wait for appointments and information which seems to be lacking. How can they make informed decisions without clear information?
Hubby is there indefinitely on a one way ticket. It’s such a cruel way to go.

Return to “General Discussions”