Lynch’s Syndrome and Breast Cancer link

Talk about anything here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Janette
Forum Legend

Re: Lynch’s Syndrome and Breast Cancer link

Postby Janette » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:02 am

Hi snd welcome to the forum. As Ruth said we can't offer medical advice but try not to panic. It's human nature to worry, but you'll know soon enough.

I'm sorry to hear of your family history, but a friend lost her Mum and Grandmother to BC and did get it at 60 ish but she is 87.

Let us know how you go. :hugs:
Janette

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Lynch’s Syndrome and Breast Cancer link

Postby ruth1 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:55 am

Hi Bk - sorry to know of your family problem with this damn disease. You ask a question that is impossible to answer as we are mere mortals and not medically qualified and also don't have your films to see so the question of should you be worried is one which isn't really answerable. I would say that there is something he/she wants to discuss with you so try and relax until you have the appt because there is nothing you can do by worrying anyway. It might be there are some changes in your breast that need to be monitored or something like that or that the cysts might need to be drained ore removed. All you can do is try and stay busy until you get to that appt and then when you know whats what take the steps you need to. I do hope there is nothing to be concerned about. Keep us updated so we can help you. :xfingers:
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

Blackkitty25

Lynch’s Syndrome and Breast Cancer link

Postby Blackkitty25 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:53 pm

Hi I’m new here. My nan and her sister both had breast cancer. My Aunty(her daughter) diagnosed a few months ago and had a mastectomy. My nan also had colon cancer and another Aunty (daughter of my nan) had endometrial cancer. My Aunty who has the breast cancer decided to have a genetic test. We are negative for BRCA1 and 2 but she had Lynch’s Syndrome gene. I did some research and discovered this year they have linked in some families a mutation on MSH6 and PMS2 genes to breast cancer and Lynch’s Syndrome.
When I was 38 I had a mammogram and ultrasound and a cyst was found but they said it was unlikely to be anything so no further tests were made. I’m 45 and because of my Auntys diagnosis I had another mammogram and ultrasound. It took 1.5 hours in total and both operators ducked out to see doctor then came back and took more images. Within an hour of me leaving, my doctor rang and said I needed to see him next week. He never rings unless something comes up. Now I’m nervous. He did say it was non-urgent but I worry something was found. I did have cysts and saw them during the ultrasound. And they went back over the glands under my armpit for further images and there was a cyst there. Should I be concerned?Prepared?

Return to “General Discussions”