Things That u would have liked to have available during your treatmemt

Talk about anything here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Things That u would have liked to have available during your treatmemt

Postby The new girl » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:06 pm

:wave: hi Charlie,I hated the smell of the place its a smell I can still remember years after,the staff said they couldn't smell anything,yes I also think tv with head phones is a great idea
Rosa

Charlie05

Postby Charlie05 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:24 am

Thanks Ruth your feed back is great. Yes Chemo is such a lengthy process. Distractions are also what I wanted. :-? :-?
I can understand you not liking the smell of the wheat Bags now. I wouldn't either.

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:13 am

chemo is a lengthy process and confronting - it would have been really nice to have wifi available so an ipad or laptop could be used to watch a movie as distraction. All I had were very old overused magazines to get through several hours of infusion. Also, the other thing I really hated were the heat packs used under my arm - they were wheat filled and smelt really bad - Its a smell I cant bear even years later. So, some kind of decent heat source for under arms during infusion. You would have to consult the clinics for guidelines on this though.
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

Charlie05

Things That u would have liked to have available during your treatmemt

Postby Charlie05 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:21 am

Hi...
I'm just wondering what things people would have liked to be available In their treatment room?
My Clinic had TVs in them but they were never on that oftern due to not everyone wanting to hear or watch them... So one thing for me was it would have been great to have headphones at the clinic so I could watch TV. :D Reason for asking is that my sons local football club has raised some funds to go to our local Cancer Centre , they have asked for us to purchase things for the centre to make people's stay more comfortable. I would love to hear any ideas.
Thanks in advance!

Return to “General Discussions”