DCIS

Talk about anything here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Beebee
Wise one
Wise one
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: DCIS

Postby Beebee » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:41 pm

Thanks Rosa that’s what I thought too, I think she was in shock when her surgeon told her, she wasn’t expecting it, she then had to go straight to the oncologist so the whole day overwhelmed her. No she doesn’t have young children, her husband is great and we will all do what we can to help her.

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Re: DCIS

Postby The new girl » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:47 pm

:wave: hi beebee. Sorry to hear your sister is going through this horrible journey,you have 3 separate posts so wasn't sure which one to reply to,these are questions your sister needs to ask her doctor/oncologist I think by the sounds of what you describe it has spread that's why they will do chemo,when you first get diagnosed it's difficult to say what the out come will be so I wish they wouldn't say anything until after surgery and biopsy. You can support your sister by going to stay with her during chemo but if that's not possible just talking to her every day,does your sister have young children and will she have support because it will be tough for a while,please keep in touch and let us know how she gets on
Rosa

Beebee
Wise one
Wise one

DCIS

Postby Beebee » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:19 am

Hi why would someone who has DCIS (although the lumpectomy did not get all of it even after a second try) have to have chemo. There was no cancer in the lymph glands.

Return to “General Discussions”