Just joined!

Talk about anything here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Re: Just joined!

Postby schoolteacher » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:56 pm

Hi Joss
It sounds like you’ve done all you can. Now you get on with living your life. Any anxiety is understandable but I love what one member on here said years ago..BC has taken enough from me. No more, I’m living my life. (Or similar)
I am coming up to 10 years post bc so I hope that gives you hope. :wave:

mum2chloe
Enlightened one
Enlightened one
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby mum2chloe » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:38 pm

Hi there Joss :wave:

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you will find a wealth of information and support from the girls.
Completely normal to be feeling the way you are, breast cancer is like a rollercoaster I find can go weeks feeling great hen out of the blue feel completely flat it seems to go in cycles.
Sounds like you are doing well exercise and eating well.
Tips; find something that you love doing for me it's gardening I find I forget about everything and become completely absorbed in the task I'm performing.

All the best .. :happydance:
Dx July 2002 age 28. ER, Her2 pos 96mm tumor. 8/12 nodes.
Mast. Chemo AC & Tax,Rads, Tamoxifen & Zolodex,
Nov 2008 Oophorectomy, Arimidex, Femara.
Oct 2011 Recon surgery LD flap
May 2012 Dx Liver mets , 2yrs Abraxane & Herceptin.
June 2014 Aromasin & Herceptin

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:15 pm

Hi Joss
Welcome to the forum. Very understandable to feel like you do.

If there is a bright side to all this BC has so much support and research. Have you thought about talking to a councilor? Time certainly helps as does discussing your concerns here. :hugs:
Janette

Joss

Postby Joss » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:59 am

Thanks Jezza, appreciate your reply. Great reading your profile with NED, just the sort of thing I needed to hear. I've had two nights in a row of great sleep, can't remember the last time I have done that! As a result I'm feeling pretty good! Thanks again :clap:

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:32 pm

Very normal reaction Joss and I'm sure we have all felt like that. It seems like you are doing (and have done) everything that you can. I know I was anxious for quite a long time and actually had a prophylactic mastectomy 6 months after my first one as I felt that it was the right thing for me and relieved some of my anxiety. I also did the better diet and vitamin thing for a while but soon settled into a normal way of life...reasonable diet, some (but not enough!) exercise and still enjoy a drink.

Not a lot of help, I know but I do understand and it seems like you haven't lost your sense of humour which is great!

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

Joss

Postby Joss » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:20 pm

Forgot to mention, I have also had a prophylactic right breast mastectomy as well as bilateral salpingo oopherectomy. I told my onc I am leaving this world one body part at a time....

Joss

Just joined!

Postby Joss » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:18 pm

Hi All

I was diagnosed in August 2016, multi focal bc in left breast, triple positive with two nodes. Largest tumour was 6cm, and I am a small girl, so that was freaky! Had mastectomy followed by chemo, radiation, herceptin (which I have just finished) and have been on Arimidex for six months. Was 46 at dx. Tolerated everything well, worked all the way through, was overjoyed to finish treatment two weeks ago, to now feeling anxious, worried and even a little morbid. Tried to keep away from the Internet and now feel drawn to it, reading stats etc.

Anyway, just thought I'd offload here, I'm sure I am not the only one to feel this way. I exercise daily, eat well etc, any other tips?

Return to “General Discussions”