checking in..

Talk about anything here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: checking in..

Postby ruth1 » Tue May 01, 2018 3:28 pm

Kim 9 kgs is amazing - you have done soooo well - losing it is hard work - that's awesome!! I hope that scan is ok too. :clap:
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:08 pm

Hi Kim, I hope the CT goes well, great that you are checking in. :hugs:
Janette

mum2chloe
Enlightened one
Enlightened one

Postby mum2chloe » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:17 pm

:wave: Hi there,

Im still keeping up with the exercise with rest days in-between which is ok in the scheme of things especially considering the exercise needs to work in with treatment. So ive managed to shift 9kgs now which is bloody awesome hard work but still awesome. Not much news I just keep plodding along slowly does it, staging ct in 2wks which ive already started fretting about. Im pretty confident all with be ok.

till next time
:happydance:
Dx July 2002 age 28. ER, Her2 pos 96mm tumor. 8/12 nodes.
Mast. Chemo AC & Tax,Rads, Tamoxifen & Zolodex,
Nov 2008 Oophorectomy, Arimidex, Femara.
Oct 2011 Recon surgery LD flap
May 2012 Dx Liver mets , 2yrs Abraxane & Herceptin.
June 2014 Aromasin & Herceptin

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:03 pm

Kim,
You really sound on top of things despite going through so much. We can't help the inherited conditions no matter how guilty it makes us feel, it isn't your fault. The imperfections are a part of us. I know, I have many. lol :hugs:
Janette

mum2chloe
Enlightened one
Enlightened one

Postby mum2chloe » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:10 pm

Thanks Ruth1 & Janette,

My eldest from my first marriage Jason just turned 26 yrs old, my Emma is 24 yrs old, my Jessica is 21 yrs old now I'm beginning to feel really old. Then little madam Chloe 11 in May.

Chloe has Duchennes muscular dystrophy diagnosed when she was in grade 2/3 bloodyhell with girls it's a 1 in 50million chance of having it and it comes from mum, so I was testing and shocked to the core I also have Duchennes muscular dystrophy but no issues at first I was angry I passed it to Chloe but it's not my fault out of my hands, now my older girls will be tested before having kids. My sisters don't have it only 2 /3 have been tested so far so hoping my 3rd sister is clear so it's just lucky me.

Amazing how much life turns around I'm in a very happy place with my 3 daughters feeling really blessed. I'm also extremely grateful for this forum it really has been a shining light in times of need. I still half expect the gorgeous Christine to post she sure loved this fourm.

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:47 pm

Wow Kim, how time goes. Great that you are doing so well. Keep up the good work. :hugs:
Janette

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:25 am

Kim you are amazing - great to see you doing well and Missy C is almost a teen!! The time goes fast - mine just turned 20. Good that the exercise is working for you. :clap:
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

mum2chloe
Enlightened one
Enlightened one

Postby mum2chloe » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:53 pm

Hi
Been a while so for those not on fb update about me;
Very pleased to say that I am currently stable. Still on Herceptin iv once every 3wks & Aromasin tablets.
Will mark 16yrs this year since my stage 3 diagnosis, coming up 6yrs since my liver mets diagnosis and 10yrs since I joined this forum how did that happen so darn fast.
Chloe who was just 6mths old when I joined the forum posting a pic of me and my miracle bubba conceived naturally 3yrs after my primary diagnosis, miss Chloe is turning 11yrs of age soon!
I've recently started seeing an exercise physiologist just brilliant, I've begun walking again bit of a struggle but I'm doing my darn best and I attend the gym to review with the exercise physiologist. Slowly slowly I'm beginning to finally loose a little bit of weight too which is just amazing.

Onward and upward xo

mum2chloe
Enlightened one
Enlightened one

Postby mum2chloe » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:18 pm

Thanks Ruth and Janette,

Im such a scatter brain its not 12yrs since early bc its 15yrs & 5mths fancy that don't feel like repeating the past 3 years if I do say so myself. Sometimes honestly my brain has a mind of its own when typing.

So its now been 5yrs & 8mths of constant treatment, been really fortunate been on Herceptin since liver mets dx May 2012, Did 2yrs of Abraxane, June 2012 to June 2014, Christine was my Abraxane buddy for a while there :)

Still on first line of treatment which is awesome have been able to ditch the chemo as of June 2014 and Im currently on Herceptin IV once every 3wks with daily Aromasin tabs, I'm extremely hopeful well I'd. love to be able to continue for a lot longer with no chemo on my current regime.

Yes it been exciting hearing of so many new drugs potentially entering the market but sadly until these drugs come under our PBS they will always remain out of reach for many advanced bc ladies due to the significant costs involved. Its definitely a step in the right direction though.

Kim xx

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:14 pm

Hi Kim
A new her2 drug too. Looks so promising. Great to hear you're doing well. :hugs:
Janette

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:31 am

nice to see you posting - this forum way too quiet so an update from a long time member is great. Stories such as yours I think give great encouragement to all of us - hope you can continue on with aromasin. :hugs:

mum2chloe
Enlightened one
Enlightened one

checking in..

Postby mum2chloe » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:26 pm

Hi Ladies,

Been a very long time since I posted in this group, everytime I type something and see those emoji's moving I think of Christine and her sense of humour.

Just wanted to let you know I'm doing well, now 12yr & 5mths since my first diagnosis in July 2012 at 28yrs of age stage 3. Now 5yrs & 8mths since I was diagnosed with widespread liver mets.

Plodding along on Herceptin past 5yrs 8mths dropped chemo 3yrs 8mths ago for Aromasin tablets and fingers crossed I can stay on Herceptin / Aromasin for a few more years yet.

Hugs xx

Return to “General Discussions”