What the heck is going on with my hair?!

Talk about anything here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Re: What the heck is going on with my hair?!

Postby schoolteacher » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:58 pm

That’s interesting Emelle. My hair is curlier/frizzier since it grew back. A lot of people talk about chemo curls and how they drop out after a a few haircuts. I cut my hair shorter now as it’s hardvto manage when it grows out.

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What the heck is going on with my hair?!

Postby The new girl » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:23 pm

:wave: hi Emelle,welcome to the forum,don't stress to much about your hair,mine grew back finer than before and now it looks like it's thinning that's 4 years on.
How are you going apart from your hair issues ?
Rosa

Emelle

What the heck is going on with my hair?!

Postby Emelle » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:35 pm

I began chemo in August 2014 and then followed on with 18 Herceptin infusions finishing mid-October 2015. I was eternally grateful when the worst of the side effects abated and my hair began to grow back after the chemotherapy finished. However, 3 years on, it still has this fluffy, unmanageable texture, at it's bizarre peak immediately after washing it. My hair reminds me of those 1960s/1970s troll dolls whose flattened hair would stand upright when you would hit or drop them. I have tried all sorts of hair masks, Moroccan oil, Frizz Ease types of products, lots of haircuts and not shampooing it more than once a week...but to no avail. In the scheme of things it's a nothing issue. I'm, however, curious if others have had a similar experience and have found a solution. :roll:

Return to “General Discussions”