Still kicking

Talk about anything here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Still kicking

Postby JudyB » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:48 pm

Thanks Brenda, I don't think she is asking as a cure, she is terminal, and I am not even sure if she wants it for herself. I think she is just interested as to why the doctors in Australia seem so anti it and wants to know of any that are pro it or even prescribe it. Thanks for your information.
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

Brenda5
Your Maj
Your Maj

Postby Brenda5 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:53 am

Hi Judy, I have a friend with Crohnes who makes her own. It's not difficult I am told. She uses a thing called a magical butter machine to extract the oil. There is a process to it and I think she learned a lot from overseas face book groups who specialize in the same. I wouldn't know where to start looking for the raw material for it but apparently it isn't that hard to find or that expensive to get but it surely will be once it gets all legal and regulated for the big companies to make their profits. I am sorry you have a friend with such a nasty disease but be aware cannabis oil does not cure all cancers but it can be a big help to some along with oncology treatments.
Dx 2 Oct 2015, Mastectomy 16 Nov. Mixed IDC & ILC type, 2.5cm malignant left breast, grade 2, ER +and PR+, 53yrs old. Cup size barely C. T2N1(stage IIB) 1/1 SLN+. Auxillary clearance stage2 7th Dec 2015 16 nodes removed and all clear of cancer.

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:22 am

:clap: Hi Brenda, well done you for managing to deal with depression and all the se's from drugs - its all hard to live with and you've done well to manage it and keep it under control. I hope you are finding some good days amongst it all.
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby JudyB » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:39 pm

Hi Brenda, good to hear from you and I'm glad you are doing ok. I have a friend with stage IV uterine cancer who is looking into cannabis oil. Can I ask how you got it? She is asking everyone she knows to ask their GP what they think of it and you are the first person I have heard of in Australia who uses it. Did you have to hunt around to find someone to help you?
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

Brenda5
Your Maj
Your Maj

Still kicking

Postby Brenda5 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:53 pm

Hi all, It's been a while. I am all finished with cancer treatment and had my first anniversary with the all clear so far. I am on Tamoxifen indefinitely and I think I have every side effect known to man but I am still hanging in there. Had some massive depression a while ago but the meds the psychiatrist gave me also had bad side effects so I am on my own now. I take a low dose cannabis/coconut oil daily and that seems enough to keep my cool. Just dropped in to encourage every one to hang in there and things do get better. :hugs:
Dx 2 Oct 2015, Mastectomy 16 Nov. Mixed IDC & ILC type, 2.5cm malignant left breast, grade 2, ER +and PR+, 53yrs old. Cup size barely C. T2N1(stage IIB) 1/1 SLN+. Auxillary clearance stage2 7th Dec 2015 16 nodes removed and all clear of cancer.

Return to “General Discussions”